Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok peeps....interesting one here.

Not sure if many of you remember the debacle that went down on here a few years back....

A member on here purchased what he thought was a perfectly good set of Projector Retrofitted Headlights from another member (retrofitted by a 'professional') and what he received was close to junk. The seller went off and claimed no responsibility and even begged for people to come to him if they had a problem (yeah, it was that ridiculous).
Anyways, Trax Customs stepped in and offered to clean these up for him the best I could for free.
Well....fast forward a few years (both of us being busy and lost communication for a while).....I finally refinished these.

I'm listed them for really cheap because they are being sold AS-IS.
I will also NOT open them back up and add to them or change something for you. These are what they are.
The reason behind this is because the original retrofitter MESSED these up, beyond proper repair. I did what I could, but this isn't something I'd sell to any of you on here (in new condition).
The HID kit that comes with them has a bad ballast (I tested it a year ago) and for sure has one bad bulb.
I'd recommend purchasing a WHOLE new HID kit....as the harness is hacked up as well.

PRICE: $500 obo Shipped

I can get you a very high quality HID kit with proper harness for our vehicle for $200

If you have any questions, let me know.....but check out the pics to see where they 'were' and where they are 'now'.

Thanks

Travis
Trax Customs
Owner
[email protected]

Build Pics:

Super sweet paint over OEM lens

Why the angry look?

Oh, that's because someone used cheap plastic that can't handle heat

What's behind curtain #1?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Back of headlights

Crappy HID kit (please purchase a new one, it'll save you a ton of time)

Totally Not needed adapters (if you purchased a new kit, you'd get Long Cord D2S Ballasts)

Super Amazing Bi-Xenon Controls Box (not)

·
Registered
715 Posts
Wow, I remember that. I always wondered how it looked completely. Nice job bringing it back to life. You said it had paint on the lenses??? How was that buffing it out?

·
Registered
453 Posts
I don't want to offend you or anything by asking this but is the price flexible? If not, I completely understand as I'm sure you have a lot of time in restoring these lights. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Somewhat.....I didn't originally make these lights and the owner no longer owns the car....so they are only collecting dust....

I priced them low because of the obvious flaws, but the cost on OEM headlights without projectors are $400-ish

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Basically just how the projectors were mounted and the amount of glue used. The reason I had to paint the reflector black was to hide scratch and divot marks. The projectors seem fine and the included hid kit will not work. Little things like that add up.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I would have no idea on shipping to canada....the last set I sent up there cost about double normal pricing.
So anywhere from $50-$100

The Bulbs are D2S bulbs...hard to find locally, but they are standard in higher end vehicles and HID producers

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.