Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what this round disc thing on the end of my fuel injector rail does. No problem but changed my injectors recently and am just wondering what it does.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
i'm pretty sure that is a fuel pressure regulator. The fuel pump provides more fuel than can be used. The pressure regulator maintains a certain pressure in the fuel rail so the injectors work as they should. The excess is vented back to the tank through that hose at the top.

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm pretty sure that is a fuel pressure regulator. The fuel pump provides more fuel than can be used. The pressure regulator maintains a certain pressure in the fuel rail so the injectors work as they should. The excess is vented back to the tank through that hose at the top.
pressure regulator makes sense. I don't think there is a return line though. that line next to the part circled is the only fuel line going to the rail.

·
Super Moderator
7,151 Posts
pressure regulator makes sense. I don't think there is a return line though. that line next to the part circled is the only fuel line going to the rail.
It is not the Fuel Pressure Regulator. That is part of the fuel pump assembly.
I believe that it is the Fuel Pulse Dampener, a spring/diaphragm assembly that dampens pressure pulses.

·
Registered
41 Posts
You're right (as usual) John. Found on another thread:
Fuel Pulse Dampener
The fuel pulse dampener attaches inside a housing on the fuel rail assembly. The fuel pulse dampener is diaphragm-operated, with fuel pump pressure on one side and with spring pressure on the other side. The function of the dampener is to dampen the fuel pump pressure pulsations.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts