Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get 60# injectors as there is no more usable power with the 42# injectors with Stage II. I've been looking around but can't find anything online. Where can I order these?? Are they the same for any ecotec car??

·
Registered
268 Posts
I want to get 60# injectors as there is no more usable power with the 42# injectors with Stage II. I've been looking around but can't find anything online. Where can I order these?? Are they the same for any ecotec car??

Look into port matching and/or porting and polishing the head.

What about a better fuel pump?

Are you going for injectors because of cost?

·
Registered
245 Posts
USCAR(EV6) or EV1 type connectors?
FiveO Motorsports; They have both for around $60 a piece.
You can search for USCAR or EV6 online to find some for as low as $55 each, but Five 0 has a good reputation. I have been to the shop/garage and can vouch for them. I have been getting all of my injectors from the for years.

Plus they sell in quantities of 4, 6, or 8 depending on your vehicle.

·
Registered
447 Posts
So will you have to send the ECU back to DDM for recalibration with the significantly larger injectors, or can you tune it yourself w/ something like HPT? You must have a sweet plan to need that much more injector. ;) You're gonna share right? Please? :)

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So will you have to send the ECU back to DDM for recalibration with the significantly larger injectors, or can you tune it yourself w/ something like HPT? You must have a sweet plan to need that much more injector. ;) You're gonna share right? Please? :)
My plan right now is to get the injectors, get hp tuners, and start fabbing up some pullies. I will start with going pound by pound and see what happens. It will be my first tuning experience but I have to start somewhere. If I get lost I've got a great forum to turn to, I talk to some of the best tuners around, and I've got a friend that's a HPT expert and he has a dyno. I think I have the resources to start doing my own tuning, but we'll see. :cool:

·
Registered
447 Posts
My plan right now is to get the injectors, get hp tuners, and start fabbing up some pullies. I will start with going pound by pound and see what happens. It will be my first tuning experience but I have to start somewhere. If I get lost I've got a great forum to turn to, I talk to some of the best tuners around, and I've got a friend that's a HPT expert and he has a dyno. I think I have the resources to start doing my own tuning, but we'll see. :cool:
If you've got a wideband O2 sensor and patience, you should be ok. A HPT expert and a dyno are a BIG plus too. Have you confirmed with DDM that their flash is not locked and that it is editable with HPT? Or are you planning to start from a factory ECM and work from there?

If in fact you can and will edit the DDM-modified ECM, you will most likely be the first right? It's going to be very interesting :)

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you've got a wideband O2 sensor and patience, you should be ok. A HPT expert and a dyno are a BIG plus too. Have you confirmed with DDM that their flash is not locked and that it is editable with HPT? Or are you planning to start from a factory ECM and work from there?

If in fact you can and will edit the DDM-modified ECM, you will most likely be the first right? It's going to be very interesting :)
I'm 99% sure there tune isn't locked. I won't start on this until I'm sure. Plus, they'd probably unlock it for me if it is. I have a 02 wideband but something is wrong right now. It's defintely not reading right :brentil:

But yeah, I'll definetely be the first one doing this. I like to keep things interesting :D

·
Registered
447 Posts
I'm 99% sure there tune isn't locked. I won't start on this until I'm sure. Plus, they'd probably unlock it for me if it is. I have a 02 wideband but something is wrong right now. It's defintely not reading right :brentil:

But yeah, I'll definetely be the first one doing this. I like to keep things interesting :D
That's freakin awesome. Just a thought - if you're getting away from DDM's tune and installing larger injectors, you may want to consider going larger than 60lbs/hr. When you get your hands on HPT, you should be able to make any size work with the same amount of effort (injector constants, multipliers and VE tables). I'm aware of the theory, but I've yet to use the software.

Anyway, if you can tune in larger injectors now (say 750-1000cc/min), your future power goals should be covered, at least up to the breaking point of the engine. Sometimes 1000cc/min are cheaper than 600cc/min ;)

I'm skeptical of DDM releasing their tune - if not for the tuning, there are many owners out there that could easily strap an MP62 to an LE5 (physically speaking of course), but its the tuning, if only a base, canned tune, that makes most of us willing to pay for a system like DDM's. It's totally worth it IMO, to purchase a daily drivable out of the box system like theirs. It's just if they let the tune out of the bag, anyone with a little wrenching ability could have a system on par with what they offer for much less. It's like Vector or PCMforless having an open flash - one user with HPT could read the flash and sell it for a couple bucks more than the cost of the credits...

Good luck with this adventure!! :yesnod:

·
Registered
245 Posts
I would HIGHLY suggest you consider EFILIVE over HPTuners for this project. Nothing against HPT, but if you know a guy that has it already then you'll be ahead of the game to get EFILive.
That way if you can't do something in HPT chances are you'll be able to in EFILive.

Technically there are no VE tables in the E67 ECU so that in itself is a plus for EFILive having integrated Virtual VE tables based on the coefficients in the ECU.

Not to get off the subject of injectors or anything..

·
Registered
505 Posts
I would HIGHLY suggest you consider EFILIVE over HPTuners for this project. Nothing against HPT, but if you know a guy that has it already then you'll be ahead of the game to get EFILive.
That way if you can't do something in HPT chances are you'll be able to in EFILive.

Technically there are no VE tables in the E67 ECU so that in itself is a plus for EFILive having integrated Virtual VE tables based on the coefficients in the ECU.

Not to get off the subject of injectors or anything..
Or since hes local he could just bring it to us for a dyno tune instead of throwing time and money at it ;)

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Chris,

If I brought a pulley and 60 lb injectors to your place and swapped those out how much would you charge for tuning it on the dyno??

·
Registered
505 Posts
If its an Eaton blower we have the tools for that, I've been doing eaton pulley swaps for about 11 years now ;) I'd have to check on the labor but the dyno tune would be about $450-500 including all the dyno time you need :)

·
Registered
800 Posts

Are you throwing in a larger intercooler? No clue how efficient the DDM units are, but you will be adding a lot of heat when upping the lbs/min on that Eaton. Also increased parasitic loss issues...definitely lots of parameters alongside increasing fuel potential...

Very curious to see how it works out, and it looks like you have some really capable people to lend you a hand. Good luck.:)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts