Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to let people know that my fuel pump went up 3 weeks ago on my Solstice (one of the first thousand). It's been sitting at the dealership since then because the can't seem to get a fuel pump for it....

I'm not very happy....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Did they provide you with a rental car?

·
Registered
215 Posts
SolnBalto said:
I just wanted to let people know that my fuel pump went up 3 weeks ago on my Solstice (one of the first thousand). It's been sitting at the dealership since then because the can't seem to get a fuel pump for it....

I'm not very happy....
wow more info needed...what happened to it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not really sure what happened. I came home from work it was a beautiful night so I thought I'd take the care out for a drive. I was at a stop light and the car stalled, then I started it, and it stalled again, and after that it wouldn't kick over....it was very sad watching them take my new away on the flat bed!!!

·
Registered
819 Posts
My condelences..... I am sure your dealer will get it fixed, but also have heard that getting parts for a Sol, at this time, is somewhat difficult. Did you get a replacement ride, while they have your Sol?

·
Registered
137 Posts
spoke to my dealer a couple of weeks back about servicing Sol's

He said they had had no formal training.

Are Parts not avaliable :leaving:

Could be a bad omen

Mine is at factory (I think) - Quality Assurance!!!!!

Makes Me wonder Tucker or Edsel

:lol: :willy: :brentil:

·
4,592 Posts
What's up with fuel [email protected]#$%^&

The only known issue for the MSM is the fuel pump, about 15% have experienced a failure. Our VR MSM had a FP fail at 1200 miles. No TSB yet.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
FFB said: "Did they provide you with a rental car?"

Yea, the loaner car should be a Solstice. If not, then a Corvette.

·
5,600 Posts
I have to believe the fuel pump is OEM on another model car. They wouldn't design a brand new fuel pump just for the Solstice. May be a fairly common fuel pump. As soon as they figure that out, you should be able to get the appropriate Chevy, Buick or Cadillac fuel pump.

·
Registered
33 Posts
RODEO said:
What's up with fuel [email protected]#$%^&

The only known issue for the MSM is the fuel pump, about 15% have experienced a failure. Our VR MSM had a FP fail at 1200 miles. No TSB yet.
I had the same fuel pump failure on my MSM with 2,300 miles on it. It took 27 days to get a new one in! From my understanding, it was a bad batch of fuel pumps from the supplier fitted on early build 2004 MSMs, and if the fuel pumps haven't failed already, then they should be fine.

But, I was surprised to find that the fuel pump was specific to the MSM. If they haven't been able to get the fuel pump in for the Solstice yet, then I wouldn't be surprised if it is also specific for the Solstice.

·
Registered
819 Posts
One of the goals of this car was to use parts from the global GM parts bin. This, hopefully, will be one of those parts that is already being used on another of the GM vehicles. :yesnod:

The Pontiac dealer might not have one, but another of the GM dealers may already have one in their parts bin. We have to hope, especially for your sake, SolnBalto

·
4,592 Posts
jstand6 said:
I had the same fuel pump failure on my MSM with 2,300 miles on it. It took 27 days to get a new one in! From my understanding, it was a bad batch of fuel pumps from the supplier fitted on early build 2004 MSMs, and if the fuel pumps haven't failed already, then they should be fine.

But, I was surprised to find that the fuel pump was specific to the MSM. If they haven't been able to get the fuel pump in for the Solstice yet, then I wouldn't be surprised if it is also specific for the Solstice.

PM sent to you jstand6!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
SolnBalto said:
I just wanted to let people know that my fuel pump went up 3 weeks ago... It's been sitting at the dealership since then because the can't seem to get a fuel pump for it....
If you haven't already, call Pontiac Customer service - they can get a pump for you. Your dealer should be able to do this :brentil: , but some people are just lazy :banghead: and won't go the extra mile if you don't push them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lucky for me my Solstice is not my primary vehicle so I don't need a loaner.....though I am missing the best weather of the year!!!

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
If it is like most modern vehicles the pump is inside the fuel tank, and the only filtering is done on the sucton side of the pump and nothing else. A pump failure this early would be rare. Last winter in this geographic region there was a rash of pump and level sensors related to an additive that was mistakenly put into the fuel at the refinery.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2007 solstice fuel pump die at about 10,000 miles. My 2009 solstice coupe fuel pump just died yesterday at 16,000 miles. I know I don't have many miles on it but it sat in a dealer showroom until two years ago when I bought it. Must be something wrong with the original batch of fuel pumps. I sold my 2007 solstice with 110,000 on it and the fuel pump was the only thing that ever went wrong. That is not counting the three door handles I had to have replaced on the 07 model on one on my 09 model. Hopefully, the 09 will last as long as the 07.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts