Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been considering a Fujita cold air intake for my 08 GXP. I just tried to find one on like but their web site states the intakes are not available at this time. Anyone have any ideas, have they gone bust?

Don

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
They were still there a few months ago, I talked to them on the phone. I don't think they're making Kappa products anymore and have just been selling off the stock they had, but you might want to try calling them.

·
Super Moderator
16,400 Posts
You don't want one. Back in 07 there was a lot of discussion about CAIS basically they have no impact on performance and add a lot of noise. Also, oiled intake filters have caused a rash of codes when over oiled they can contaminate the MAF .

I put a Dejon CAI on my car and liked the noise but many do not like it.

·
Vendor
1,394 Posts
There are only 2 intakes that we will install here, the GMPP intake and the K&N intake. Both of those intakes do not mess with the air flow meter and cause fuel trims to be off. The other intakes that we have tested, like the Fujita, can cause substantial changes in fuel trims, which lead to a poor running car.

Hope that helps,
Dave

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the intake info. I guess I just added another item to my DDM wish list.
Thanks, Don from Nanaimo

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I have a Fujita on my car and have no problems. The car is perfect....of course I've only owned it for a week!! :thumbs: It is a little noisy, but I can't hear it anyway in the car as I have AM exhaust.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts