Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If'n you haven't seen it, the dealers have a georgeous 20+ page brochure for the Sol. We are talking coffee table converation quality - open the brochure and you will be greetedwith tissue paper covering what looks more like a color plate lithograph rather than an ordinary photograph - absolutely georgeous and totally seductive! Some of the finest photography I have seen in an auto brochure -this is the kind of quality printing you get when you spend like $85K on a BMW 645ci. It has paint chips in the back in case you want to get a really accurate represntation of the exterior colors. Do NOT go by the Sand and Steel two tone interior though - it is not accurate in terms of the actual color - the dealer thinks that they may be pics of early prototype interiors. The only thing missing from the brochure is a miniature sound chip of the Sol revving it's sweet engine! :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
I got the book and it's great. The red front end about page 8 got my sale... now...WHERE'S THE CAR???...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thats funny. I pick one of those up about 3 weeks ago and keep it on my coffee table. Every one that comes over picks it up. They did a nice job on it. The brochure looks like the car. The car looks like it's worth alot more than I payed. Keep the top down as long as you can!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
why would they invest money to produce such a high end brochure for a car that is sold out for 1.5 years? wouldn't they be better investing to market the HHR, or the new Buicks?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey I was curious, did y'all just pick the brouchure up or did you have to pay for it? I wouldn't mind having to pay, just curious to know how much for it if you did.

·
Registered
226 Posts
got mine for free. my salesman said they just got 10 of them in, about as hard to come by as the actual car. they had them hidden away in a back office and as he was looking over his shoulder to make sure the boss wasn't looking he slipped me one :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
retardinacan1 said:
Hey I was curious, did y'all just pick the brouchure up or did you have to pay for it? I wouldn't mind having to pay, just curious to know how much for it if you did.
I did my homework, walked into the dealer and put down my $500 deposit. The lucky salesman that "took" my order (it was actually the sales manager that entered it into the computer) thanked me for my biz and then handed me his card stapled to the brochure. Getting a Sol; 25 large, getting a free commission; priceless. For everything else there's mastercard!

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts
Mine was also free. Dealer also gave me one of his dealer sales brochures.

I work with a car nut - he said both of these books will be worth $$ some day.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I received my book yesterday, ordered it from the Pontiac website last week. It's pretty nice but I would have liked to see more of the car from different angles. Plus, they totally ignore the front license plate problem - no pictures of the car with it.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
T-man said:
Plus, they totally ignore the front license plate problem - no pictures of the car with it.
Duh.

The licence plate isn't a selling point! It was an afterthought... and some of us fortunate peoples don't ever have to worry about it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yesterday, I received my Corvette brochure just a few days after receiving my Solstice brochure. I ordered both of them on-line - the sales manager at the Chevy dealer where I have bought four cars told me that they only give them to people when they buy a Corvette. When I ordered my Solstice two weeks ago, they told me that there were no brochures available, that even they couldn't order them yet. Either dealer could have suggested that I try ordering them on-line, which I decided to try on my own. I think that they're just too used to toying with people and creating false demand and telling stories that they can't help themselves.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
From the sounds of your description it's probably the same photos they sent out to first 1000 customers during the summer. Those were loose photos not in brochure form but they were very high quality photos.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts