Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all -

i was wondering what opinions may arise if i were to ask what car would any of you buy that is fun to drive and cheap. im just wondering because until the 'stice comes out i need a car that i can mess around with for the next two years.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
For unrelentous SNG fun, you can't beat the original Mini Cooper. But if you mean dirt cheap fun maybe an old Beatle or Suzuki Samurai. They are highly modifiable and fun in their own ways. If you like low cost American cars, maybe a Corvair, Gremlin X, Sunbird or V8 Vega. There are lots of options but I would say keep the cost down and save your money for the Solstice! :thumbs

·
Registered
535 Posts
If you are talking fun to drive, as in performance, something cheap and more plentiful would be a 240sx. RWD with lots of parts and potential.

·
Registered
55 Posts
yeah man...the 240SX is probably the best bang for the cheap buck for sure. A buddy of mine at school has one and they are so easy to drift and do burnouts on and there are pretty fast to boot. 2.4L 4 cylinder, same size as the solstice.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Atomicracer83 said:
yeah man...the 240SX ... same size as the solstice.
Not quite. 3" longer wheelbase and 2 to 2 1/2" narrower track on 15" wheels is hardly the same size as the solstice. But it's probably similar power-weight ratio (weights are close).

Y'all will probably laugh, but what about the '88 Fiero? The Formula wasn't that bad, but you could probably pick up a run-o-the mill 4 cyl decent fiero for $1000, put $1000 of upgrades and have a decent and (I think) fun car.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good lookin out all, i think im going with the 240, found a couple near me for under 2G's, all with over 100,000 miles on them though. are they known to be reliable? i just want it to last until i get the 'stice, and don't really want to put too much into it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts