Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a very crappy picture once of a solstice on the beach under a palm tree. It was only a small, low res photo. Though the picture sucked, the idea concept was great. I knew at that moment that I had to get my hands on quality photo of a solstice on the beach, so here it is.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=489

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can you find the advertisement on their website?

·
Registered
2 Posts
O.M.G. that is beautiful. I just joined the site. Didn't even know the car existed until I saw it on the Apprentice. :D

My husband and I are going to Aruba this summer, and I am completely obsessed :willy: with anything palmtree.

:crazy: I WANT ONE :crazy:

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
You want the car or the palm tree??? :)

Welcome.

You can still pick up the swim suit edition of Sport Illustrated at most stores that carry SI. :yesnod:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Zavean said:
You want the car or the palm tree??? :)

Welcome.

You can still pick up the swim suit edition of Sport Illustrated at most stores that carry SI. :yesnod:
Is that where i can find the picture?

My husband will be thrilled when he comes home and finds a copy of the Swimsuit Edition on his coffee table :D

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Liam1694u said:
I saw a very crappy picture once of a solstice on the beach under a palm tree. It was only a small, low res photo. Though the picture sucked, the idea concept was great. I knew at that moment that I had to get my hands on quality photo of a solstice on the beach, so here it is.
You're right ... that's an awesome setting for a shot. But what stupid @*$!$! cut off the front of the car in that pic? That would be perfect if they would have just gotten the whole car and left a bit of a border at the edge so it didn't look like the car was just barely squeezed in.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SlySol said:
You're right ... that's an awesome setting for a shot. But what stupid @*$!$! cut off the front of the car in that pic? That would be perfect if they would have just gotten the whole car and left a bit of a border at the edge so it didn't look like the car was just barely squeezed in.

I've uploaded a lower-res copy of the picture. It contains the full car.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=491

But it's not a quality picture.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
The picture in Sports Illustrated is actually a slightly different shot. Also, if you have the SI issue, the flip side of the page is a rear view of the car. Anybody who has a copy of SI want to scan it in? I will try and do it tomorrow some time, but I clipped the picture out of the mag, so I only have the half with the car in it, not the palm tree.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts