Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Im just curious, it sounds like most people were lucky enough to get their order with their local dealer. I was not one of them. I live in the mountains of Western Maryland and had no luck getting a dealer to even speak with me about them. Then the dealers in the DC and Virginia areas wanted over MSRP. Not gonna happen from me! SO...I ended up getting my order in with a dealer I bought cars from in South Florida. So I am appx 1200 miles from my Solstice when it comes in. How far are the rest of ya?

·
Registered
535 Posts
deepdawg said:
:confused: Im just curious, it sounds like most people were lucky enough to get their order with their local dealer. I was not one of them. I live in the mountains of Western Maryland and had no luck getting a dealer to even speak with me about them. Then the dealers in the DC and Virginia areas wanted over MSRP. Not gonna happen from me! SO...I ended up getting my order in with a dealer I bought cars from in South Florida. So I am appx 1200 miles from my Solstice when it comes in. How far are the rest of ya?
Wow, I thought two hours was bad! Geesh.......although you will have a really nice ride home!

·
Registered
905 Posts
You should have tried Harrisonburg, VA (along the West Virginia border), they've been really nice and sold it for MSRP.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
If you have a contest for closet, I might be a winner. 9.5 miles fomr home, 2 miles from work.

·
5,641 Posts
PAS22 said:
If you have a contest for closet, I might be a winner. 9.5 miles from home, 2 miles from work.

9.5miles?

The dealers are closer then that in parts of New England. Could find spots were you could draw a 10 mile circle around a point and enclose 6 or 7 dealers. I think there is even at least one spot where you could draw the circle at 4 miles and cover 4 dealers.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Small Dealer said:
9.5miles?

The dealers are closer then that in parts of New England. Could find spots were you could draw a 10 mile circle around a point and enclose 6 or 7 dealers. I think there is even at least one spot where you could draw the circle at 4 miles and cover 4 dealers.

Your right. I keep forgeting about the population density in some other parts of the country. There another town every couple of miles down the road!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
You should ask your dealer about a courtesy delivery if you want to avoid the LONG drive home on your brand new car. As I understand it, Pontiac dealers can make a sale and then when they order it, request that it be shipped to another dealer for pickup. So you could have it delivered to a dealer near you and still make the sale through the Florida dealer. I'm not sure of the exact details, but it may be something to inquire about. Anybody here with more info about how it works?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Where?

Where did you order yours from? Ours is from the Sarasota, Fla. dealer so if your nearby say hi when you pick it up! :cool:

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
WELL ... my dealer is a 10 minute walk from me, approximately 1/2 mile! :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
There was a Buick dealer on the Autoline show on TV last week that said they would deliver your car right to your house! Probably not a Solstice though.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
brian carpenter said:
Where did you order yours from? Ours is from the Sarasota, Fla. dealer so if your nearby say hi when you pick it up! :cool:
Mine is in Ft Myers.So we'll have to meet up.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
AeroDave said:
There was a Buick dealer on the Autoline show on TV last week that said they would deliver your car right to your house! Probably not a Solstice though.
That defeats the purpose of buying a car!.

"Yes, I would like a purchase a car (one to drive) and have YOU drive it to me."

Psh, that's cheap.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Fortimir said:
That defeats the purpose of buying a car!.

"Yes, I would like a purchase a car (one to drive) and have YOU drive it to me."

Psh, that's cheap.
I agree, I like picking them up at the dealer, but some people are really lazy!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
AeroDave said:

Ya know..this car isnt built for the snobby rich folks that can have ANY car they want. It is built for the masses of people that want a true American roadster. People that grew up knowing the value of a dollar and the hard work it takes to acquire one. People that (American Anthem sung behind me now) are tired of having the foreign manufacturers have the fun flashy and "WOW" cars. Any Richy Rich can buy a BMW, Mercedes, Jag or Lambo and have it delivered to them. But how many cars evoke such a response as the Solstice has...that some of us are going 1200 miles or more just for the opportunity to own one? Im proud to be one of those people and I hope that everyone that is getting theirs at the local dealers take their new Solstice for a 1200 mile trip and we should all meet somewhere in the middle and have a beer to celebrate the fact that we are ordinary people with an extraordinary car! Richy Rich can bite my tookus! :cheers:

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm impressed with the 1200 miles per buy. My dealer is a smooth 4 miles from my door. It's all flat, too.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
AeroDave said:
Why do you immediately jump to the conclusion that the reason for home delivery would be laziness? Maybe the person is so busy with work, family, kids, etc. that they can't fit a trip to the car dealer into their day during the dealership's limited business hours.

Then there is the logistics issue of getting yourself do the dealer. You can't drive there, so you either have to bum a ride or take a taxi or something.

I myself am a single person living alone, and none of my family live in the same state as me. So I have to arrange for a friend or coworker to give me a ride to the dealer so I can pick up my car. Believe me, if my dealer would deliver to my home, I would definitely sign up for it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts