Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AS BAD AS IT WAS FOR G.M. NOT TO RECOGNIZE THE ZERO IN THE EOP PROGRAM FOR THE ZIP CODES., NOW THAT I AM IN THE SECOND GENERATION OF ORDERS, THOSE IDIOTS WONT ALLOW ME TO ORDER THE COLOR RED. MY DEALER IS ALLOWED 2

THIS REMINDS ME OF WHEN IN 1977 I ORDERED A BRAND NEW MONTE CARLO. THE DEMAND AT THE TIME WAS SO GREAT , AFTER OVER 4 MONTHS, THEY INSTALLED A QUALITY REVIEW, DEFECTIVE MOTOR, JUST TO MAKE THE SALE. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL CAR. THAT WAS NOTHING BUT TROUBLES AND AGGRAVATION.

I AM CONVINCED G.M. DOES EVERYTHING TO MAKE MONEY, BUT SELLING GREAT CARS IS NOT THEIR PRIORITY.

I WAS SO SICK OF THE TROUBLES WITH THAT CAR AND G.M. I DID SOMETHING I THOUGHT I NEVER WOULD DO. I TRADED THAT PIECE OF JUNK FOR A TOYOTA. WHEN WILL PONTIAC AND G.M. LEARN? WILL ALL OF G.M. JUST GO THE WAY OF OLDSMOBILE, AND LASALLE. MITCH :brentil:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Who says you can't order red? Many forum members have. I could have got one I believe. :confused:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
It sounds like the dealer may be the one that is incorrect. I have seen absolutely no indication that there is a limit on how many cars can be ordered in a particular color.

I know you have been upset over the EOP program and ordering process, as are many people. Rightfully so too.

Just take a breath. There are tons, thousands of people in a similar situation as you. People disgruntled with the buying process. However, after the heat of the moment passes, you will still be able to get a Solstice, in the color you want, at some point. It may take a few more months, and you may have to try other dealers.

I'd suggest trying another dealer. Since you are now ordering out of dealer allocation anyway, there is nothing tying you to one particular dealer. If you didn't mind traveling, or working out a drop shipment to a local dealer, you could even order a car from an out of town dealer such as our supporting dealer.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Just to prove the case, everybody go change their color to red...I never heard of a limit on how many of a color they would build. Except under circumstances where it is a distinct and unique color. Another thread in another place discussed bright orange GMC Yukons and the requirement of a minimum number of orders before they would build one. Evidently they mix up enough paint for 4 or 5 units at a time.

·
5,600 Posts
MITCH said:
NOW THAT I AM IN THE SECOND GENERATION OF ORDERS, THOSE IDIOTS WONT ALLOW ME TO ORDER THE COLOR RED. :brentil:
Can someone refresh my memory? Could this be due to ordering the grey and tan two-tone interior? I'm thinking Pontiac still is not allowing the 2-tone interior with the red or green exterior colors. Or perhaps Pontiac is now allowing it and the dealer has not been told.

So have we heard the final word if the 2-tone interior is available with all exterior colors?

·
Registered
49 Posts
MITCH said:
AS BAD AS IT WAS FOR G.M. NOT TO RECOGNIZE THE ZERO IN THE EOP PROGRAM FOR THE ZIP CODES., NOW THAT I AM IN THE SECOND GENERATION OF ORDERS, THOSE IDIOTS WONT ALLOW ME TO ORDER THE COLOR RED. MY DEALER IS ALLOWED 2

THIS REMINDS ME OF WHEN IN 1977 I ORDERED A BRAND NEW MONTE CARLO. THE DEMAND AT THE TIME WAS SO GREAT , AFTER OVER 4 MONTHS, THEY INSTALLED A QUALITY REVIEW, DEFECTIVE MOTOR, JUST TO MAKE THE SALE. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL CAR. THAT WAS NOTHING BUT TROUBLES AND AGGRAVATION.

I AM CONVINCED G.M. DOES EVERYTHING TO MAKE MONEY, BUT SELLING GREAT CARS IS NOT THEIR PRIORITY.

I WAS SO SICK OF THE TROUBLES WITH THAT CAR AND G.M. I DID SOMETHING I THOUGHT I NEVER WOULD DO. I TRADED THAT PIECE OF JUNK FOR A TOYOTA. WHEN WILL PONTIAC AND G.M. LEARN? WILL ALL OF G.M. JUST GO THE WAY OF OLDSMOBILE, AND LASALLE. MITCH :brentil:
Get over it already, many people have had the same problems when cars launch, go talk to the Cobalt SS guys who have been waiting some 6 months since ordering, or the GTO guys who ended up waiting 8 for their 04s who paid site unseen on the car. If you truely wanted the car then you would wait for it patiently, yes it sucks to have to wait, but no one who truely wants the car for itself is going to get angry and then go buy a Toyota out of spite, I can garuntee you that GM doesn't care if you bought one, because right now there is someone who will take your place in line. So basically you just went and got yourself a crappy car with noy style or excitment for no reason, congratulations.

·
Registered
600 Posts
If you are having problems with your local dealer, it's alright to go to another town and order from one there. Evidently your dealer is misinformed about the color red. Good luck, hope you find a dealer that is knowledgeable about ordering the Solstice. It'll be worth the wait and the fun.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Makes no sense, dealer has to be wrong.

·
5,641 Posts
When the Vibe came out, we spent time keeping track of the Toyota Matrix. Toyota would only ship certain combinations of options into certain areas of the country. So for example even though ABS was an option, they were not shipping many (if any) of them to New England at one point in time. Toyota would even go as far as limiting what you could "build" on their web site based on your zip codes (even those that started with zero) and the cars going into that area. So you couldn't even "build" a Matrix on their site with ABS. So production restrictions are not a GM only creation.

Secondly, you haven't calmed down enough to come back and explain what it is that the dealer was actually trying to say to you. But for those of you playing at home, you can place an order for a Solstice witht he red exterior as long as you are using one of the ebony interiors. (tried earlier today and it worked to place one in our order bank)

·
Premium Member
10,471 Posts
Small Dealer,
Pontiac has upgraded their Web site and under colors they now show the Red with the Steel/Sand as available.
Could you check and see if this restriction has now been lifted and we could try to get back to our dealers and change to this option.
Thanks in advance for all your efforts.

·
Registered
178 Posts
MITCH said:

Mitch, typing in caps is a sign of yelling at someone. Keep in mind that this is not a G.M owned forum and that you are yelling at us needlessly. You can voice your frustration without yelling at us.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Technically they don't show them as being available. They just let you click them all. It wont be until they have the car building tool that it'll more then likely limit you when choosing what colors go with what. That's how it is with the toher cars on teh site too. With the color tool you can click everything, under the build tool you're limited.

·
5,641 Posts
LatinVenom said:
Small Dealer,
Pontiac has upgraded their Web site and under colors they now show the Red with the Steel/Sand as available.
Could you check and see if this restriction has now been lifted and we could try to get back to our dealers and change to this option.
Thanks in advance for all your efforts.
Still restricted. As linked above the on-line guides don't show it, and the VOMS order system will not allow it. Think the on-line guides might be update early May, when 2006 product gets their own sections. VOMS will be later in May, as we get closer to the actual order placement cycle start ups.

·
Premium Member
10,471 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Still restricted. As linked above the on-line guides don't show it, and the VOMS order system will not allow it. Think the on-line guides might be update early May, when 2006 product gets their own sections. VOMS will be later in May, as we get closer to the actual order placement cycle start ups.
Since Pontiac has now upgraded their web site with the info about been available, could you then PLEASE later in May check and see if it is then orderable, so we can informed our dealers to place the change.
Thanks

·
5,641 Posts
LatinVenom said:
Since Pontiac has now upgraded their web site with the info about been available, could you then PLEASE later in May check and see if it is then orderable, so we can informed our dealers to place the change.
Thanks
I am sure one of the handful of us here will race each other here to be the first to tell the group. :lol:

·
Registered
670 Posts
red with black leather

We ordered Red w/ black leather and had no problem. :cool:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Luc said:
Mitch, typing in caps is a sign of yelling at someone. Keep in mind that this is not a G.M owned forum and that you are yelling at us needlessly. You can voice your frustration without yelling at us.
Why would I yell at anyone. The weather report at work comes out each day in all caps. at work. And thats a Government job. Do I complain! No it`s easier for us old timers to read.

My last job everyone typed in all caps, so I guess we could all read it easier.

You have to remember that I am from Maine, We are at least 6 years behind the rest of the Country.

At almost 50 years old, I could care less about trying to conform to some stupid internet yuppie standard. I got a D in typing in 1971, and today I just type what I feel, If you think I am being rude, NO ****ing way! Ignorant to the proper typing etiquitte?? Sure you you can fault me for that, I MIGHT JUST LEAVE THE CAPS KEY ON SOMETIMES,
That`s just the way we do things up here. I am Sorry if it offends you. But
You can either get used to it or just avoid my post`s all together. Mitch :cool:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
MITCH said:
Why would I yell at anyone. The weather report at work comes out each day in all caps. at work. And thats a Government job. Do I complain! No it`s easier for us old timers to read.

My last job everyone typed in all caps, so I guess we could all read it easier.

You have to remember that I am from Maine, We are at least 6 years behind the rest of the Country.

At almost 50 years old, I could care less about trying to conform to some stupid internet yuppie standard. I got a D in typing in 1971, and today I just type what I feel, If you think I am being rude, NO ****ing way! Ignorant to the proper typing etiquitte?? Sure you you can fault me for that, I MIGHT JUST LEAVE THE CAPS KEY ON SOMETIMES,
That`s just the way we do things up here. I am Sorry if it offends you. But
You can either get used to it or just avoid my post`s all together. Mitch :cool:
Ah, don't fret over it Mitch. We all know your really frustrated, and the caps just go to show frustration. :)

That said, its more than just a "yuppie" internet standard. Its generally accepted these days in internet communicating that having all caps is to emphasis yelling, or at least a raised volume. So many readers will aply that kind of emphasis to whatever you type in caps. You may just want to keep it in mind for future posts, since does affect how people interpret the meaning and emotion behind your words. :thumbs:

·
5,641 Posts
MITCH said:
Why would I yell at anyone. .................................... You can either get used to it or just avoid my post`s all together. Mitch :cool:
Well now that you have worked that all out, how about explaining what your dealer said and why?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts