Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are having our second work / play day of the season on 17 June, Saturday. It is a pot luck so bring what you want to eat or drink. There is always plenty of food.

For those who may be new to this event, we have two lifts at the Punisher Garage and just about every tool you may need to do installs, fix things that don't work right, and detail your ride to make it even more beautiful.

For more info, check out our facebook page. Rocky Mountain Solstice & Sky Club

RTE

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
I'm planning to be there. I don't need lift space but I'm hoping to find help/advice on removing the dash boomerang (auto shift). I've never done it before and I want to damage as little as possible! I need to rescue my cup holder from the depths and replace light bulbs in my climate control knobs.

·
Registered
44 Posts
We are having our second work / play day of the season on 17 June, Saturday. It is a pot luck so bring what you want to eat or drink. There is always plenty of food.

For those who may be new to this event, we have two lifts at the Punisher Garage and just about every tool you may need to do installs, fix things that don't work right, and detail your ride to make it even more beautiful.

For more info, check out our facebook page. Rocky Mountain Solstice & Sky Club

RTE
Hi Rob,

I live in Colorado Springs and and am the proud owner of coupe 000318, white n/a. I'm still planning out what upgrades I am going to do and would love to come by to learn more about the car and see what others have done. I also have some pulled pork in the freezer I smoked last week I can defrost for some damn good sandwiches. Is this an open invitation?

-Dan

·
Super Moderator
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like a great turnout for tomorrow moving the start time up to 9:30 to better accommodate early risers

CycleCat if you show up earlier there will be coffee on, you don't have to wait till 9:30. You can help setup!

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
10-4! I'm coming up tonight. I'll be glad to help setup and maybe get an early start on my car so I can be done early and just observe and learn as much as I can the rest of the day. I've only had this car for a little over two months so I expect to learn a lot.

·
Super Moderator
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had a great turnout today. Busy day working on cars and answering questions

Attachments

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Where's that ugly orange car? lol
Safely home and quite bug splattered, unfortunately.

I can't thank you all enough! What a great bunch of friendly helpful guys! :grouphug:

Rob, thanks for hosting the event and helping me with my projects and all the goodies you freely gave. Generous doesn't even begin to describe you. :cheers: You have great taste in music for an old guy!

Skip, thanks for all your help, advice and free use of your materials to make my car shine again! I didn't realize it could be so shiny. That Adam's stuff really works. It repels rain unbelievably. I was chased out of Denver by rain clouds and skirted another half dozen downpours (one so close I could smell the rain) but not a single drop hit my car! I know it was the wax. Seriously though, I nearly pulled over once because I thought something was wrong with my hood. It seemed to be sticking up in my view more than normal. I finally realized it was so glossy it no longer faded from view but rather reflected the surroundings so much I was noticing it for the first time. :nerd: Later, during a lane change, when I turned my head to check my blind spot (yeah, I actually do that), I got distracted again because I thought something was flapping on the back of my car. Turned out it was just the mountains reflecting off my trunk. Adam's polish and wax is good stuff! It can also be dangerous!

I did have one real issue on the way home. I stopped to top off the tank on the north side of Taos and when I went to start the car I heard an electrical "POP" and the entire dash went dead and the car wouldn't start. Took me ten minutes to figure out a battery cable was loose and didn't flow enough juice. It must have rattled loose on those crappy Colorado roads! >:)

I'm downloading pictures now. Might not post them until tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
"Challenge." That's a nice way to put it!

I'm already working on my wife for permission to go back up again!

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
I counted at least nine Kappas yesterday. There may have been more. My two goals besides learning from guys that knew these cars better than me were to fix my climate control knob lights and my front cup holder. Despite a few hiccups I got both those tackled.

Here's a few pictures I took as cars shuffled in and out of the garage.

Two in the shop, two on the drive.

Six at once:

Mine made it into the garage for the second time that day:

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
Cyclecat, sorry I was talking about the one with the stripes. Pretty sure your great host knew who I was talking about. I pick on him continuously, but he dishes it out pretty good to.

Glad you guys had a great time, not many around that know more about these things, and you are lucky to be close by.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts