Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for someone that has installed the Garmin BC 30 wireless backup camera. My question is where did you mount the camera's wireless transmitter in the trunk for the best reception in the cockpit? Any help is appreciated. (I know the Garmin camera system is not the greatest, but I love the Garmin GPS so you have to take what you get...)

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
doesn't answer your question, but I installed a new radio headunit with a wired camera in my coupe; now I CAN see behind me when I back up....

Bill

·
Registered
420 Posts
I hired a shop to install the BC-30. It was a surprise for the shop for what they thought was going to be a piece of cake. Estimate going in was less than an hour, but was closer to an hour and 3/4's. Charge was $52, and I was more than pleased.

The WiFi sensor was stuck behind the trunk paneling (inside the cabin), just behind the backup light and tail light. I saw him sticking it there. The reception is perfect and the GPS (GarminDriveSmart 51) screen switched to a rear view as soon as the tranny was shifted into reverse.

I'm please so far. But I discovered an old post that did not have good things to say about Garmin. Myself, reviews of bad experiences are out there, and often it is due to expectations beyond understanding of the product and/or installation skills. Time will tell for me, but so far, so good! I tried to fish the wire behind the license plate. I could NOT do it. And the tech that did admitted he was challenged, (aka, "NEVER SEEN ONE OF THESE BEFORE"). There is no comparison of a coupe to a convertible on these camera installations.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts