1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
322 Posts
I don't mean to be critical, rude, or offensive but I do find in amusing the lenghts people will go to find a $0.10/gal savings on gas. My old college roomate used to post to that website like religion, and was an super top-rated poster for awhile.

Figure you take 20 gallons which is more than a Solstice but about right for you average land yacht, you only save 2 bucks and probably drove 30 minutes out of your to do so. Maybe I'm just a sick, busy, workaholic freak, but 30 minutes of my time is worth a heck of alot more than 2 bucks.

My $0.02, IMHO, your mileage may vary, see dealer for details.

Regards,

-Jimmy

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
JimmyMood said:
I don't mean to be critical, rude, or offensive but I do find in amusing the lenghts people will go to find a $0.10/gal savings on gas. My old college roomate used to post to that website like religion, and was an super top-rated poster for awhile.

Figure you take 20 gallons which is more than a Solstice but about right for you average land yacht, you only save 2 bucks and probably drove 30 minutes out of your to do so. Maybe I'm just a sick, busy, workaholic freak, but 30 minutes of my time is worth a heck of alot more than 2 bucks.

My $0.02, IMHO, your mileage may vary, see dealer for details.

Regards,

-Jimmy
For what I drive a year and the amount of gas I burn, I would save about $100 a year if I could save $.10 a gallon over the course of a year. Yeah, that is still not a big amount, but it adds up.

A US Senator once was quoted as saying something to the effect of "Save just a million here, and a million there, and before you know it were talking real money." Over time, it adds up.

Of course, that station which is $.10 cheaper has to be on your daily driving route, or close enough to it for you to actually save. If you have to burn up all your savings just getting to the cheap station, you will spend just as much in the long run anyway.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
I hope no one is crazy enough to drive out of their way to save a few pennies; however, I have used that web site to check locations along a trips route. In Ga you will often fill up your gas tank and then just about 2 exits down see gas for 10 cents cheaper. I have cursed several times, after filling up my 'burb with 32 gallons and then wish I knew 5 miles ahead could have saved me over $3. :willy: I might just be thrifty, but my penny pinching has allowed me to pay cash for my SOL. ;)

On the Good Sams website you can actually plan your route and it really helps us with RVs! (8-9 mpg while towing) Some may not want to plan their trips as I do, but when your 18' SUV is pulling a 32' Travel Trailer ... then you tend to plan ahead. JMHO ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts