Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke with Solster on a product idea I had. He said he would look into producing it IF there was enough interest in it.

Would anyone be interested in having an OEM style spoiler made in carbonfiber?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Im gonna pass on that one. The gm spoiler is so small the weight savings will be negligible. Perhaps wrapping a factory one would be a better option for those who want the look.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
How about a full Carbon Fiber one piece front-tilt clam shell hood with "Viper-esq" cooling vents?

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
How about a full Carbon Fiber one piece front-tilt clam shell hood with "Viper-esq" cooling vents?
ya, and with a single scoop funtional intake like the mallet pit bull solstice

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ViS Racing has a carbonfiber hood available, just without scoops or vents.

I know a cf oem spoiler won't give a dramatic weight loss, it's mostly for appearance.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I spoke with Solster on a product idea I had. He said he would look into producing it IF there was enough interest in it.

Would anyone be interested in having an OEM style spoiler made in carbonfiber?
Doesn't Aftershock already have one of these?

aftershock products

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
ViS Racing has a carbonfiber hood available, just without scoops or vents.

I know a cf oem spoiler won't give a dramatic weight loss, it's mostly for appearance.
I'm talking about a full-tilt one piece front fascia/hood ala Solstice Concept. Some recessed hood vents, deeper grills and gxp brake ducts, and maybe a slightly lower lip as well. See how the concept had a one piece font end:

Of course this is a total pipe dream but it sure would be cool.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I actually LOVE the RK one; it's just pricey. What's the difference between the RK (either normal, or carbon fiber top) and the one from SEMA that was copied by Michael Bay's fellows for Transformers? ...the film buffs oughta like that!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Wish AfterShock would concentrate on the replacement front grills and fog lamp surrounds so we could dump the cheezy factory ones. Feel there would be a far greater audience for these than the proposed CF rear spoiler. If you want this you can have this done right now via the dipped method--although not real carbon fiber it could be done without any molds and trying to get enough orders for someone to invest the time and energy to develop.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Wish AfterShock would concentrate on the replacement front grills and fog lamp surrounds so we could dump the cheezy factory ones. Feel there would be a far greater audience for these than the proposed CF rear spoiler. If you want this you can have this done right now via the dipped method--although not real carbon fiber it could be done without any molds and trying to get enough orders for someone to invest the time and energy to develop.
LL had contacted me inquiring what it takes to get a carbon fiber verion of the OEM spoiler. After explaining about the potential costs of expensive molds and the labor costs of fabricating it afterwards, I had suggested that he start up a 'feeler' thread to see how much potential interest there was for such a project. If, and only if, there was such a level of interest, I would've hooked up LL with RK sport to talk about producing a carbon fiber version of the OEM. As for the 'dip' method, I believe there is a supporting vendor (can't remember who) who did the oem grills in the faux carbon fiber. I'm sure getting an oem spoiler done shouldn't be that much more difficult but not sure what the costs would be as just getting the oem grills done were not cheap.

Regarding the recessed grill project, it's all dependent on my source who is actually doing me a favor in getting these done. And the latest word is that the first prototype set is due to arrive to me soon, possibly as early as next week. I'll be posting pics of results as they come from my source who plans to send them when they're completed. As I mentioned earlier, after the main grills are complete, the fogs will follow with the same recessed look.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts