Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just gave my dealer an order for a Tarnished Silver/Silver Smoke Solstice with all options, minus XM, CD changer, upgraded rims (unless it doesn't slow down the order since I was seeing September for the ugraded rims), and OnStar (unless base). :) I'm the first order in the area, so we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
391 Posts
From expiriance , the first cars that will hit the lots will be "take it as it is" They will make a run of cars that they think will sell best and ship them out in mass numbers. If you want that specific of car I hope you get it. But it may not be on the first truck that drops off Sol's?

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rickady88GT said:
From expiriance , the first cars that will hit the lots will be "take it as it is" They will make a run of cars that they think will sell best and ship them out in mass numbers. If you want that specific of car I hope you get it. But it may not be on the first truck that drops off Sol's?
As long as it is moderately fully loaded, and not yellow or green... we'll see.

I really hope to get one of the first 1000.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Fortimir said:
I just gave my dealer an order for a Tarnished Silver/Silver Smoke Solstice with all options, minus XM, CD changer, upgraded rims (unless it doesn't slow down the order since I was seeing September for the ugraded rims), and OnStar (unless base). :) I'm the first order in the area, so we'll see what happens.
How did you know the price of options? Was this the dealer just writing down what you wanted because the other thread (and my dealer) say we'll be doing some early order program on the web in coming weeks.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mceb said:
How did you know the price of options? Was this the dealer just writing down what you wanted because the other thread (and my dealer) say we'll be doing some early order program on the web in coming weeks.
My family has an "intimate" and long history with our local GM dealer (my father is a car collector)... and we know all the guys there... so I have no fear of being ripped off, and I have a good idea of the price of options. I won't worry if the price is up to $24k.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just saw the pics of the Solstice in black finish with all black leather interior... and was blown away...

...so I changed my order to that. :willy:

·
4,592 Posts
Fortimir said:
I just saw the pics of the Solstice in black finish with all black leather interior... and was blown away...

...so I changed my order to that. :willy:
Where are the pics?????????

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
4,592 Posts
thanks! I like the black interior best! But I also like the 2 tone one also, it reminds me of a retro look of the early vette interiors. I also will consider leather, but think I'm partial to cloth. Can't wait to see a bunch of these to realy look them over :)

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't think the two-tone would look good in the black finish, because two-tone is grey and tan.

What would be amazing is a black finish with black leather that has red leather accents.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Fortimir said:
I don't think the two-tone would look good in the black finish, because two-tone is grey and tan.
I doubt it will be that lighter grey/tan. Some of the more recent cars have been seen with a darker grey/tan combo which might be good with black. I'm having same battle because I want black but I'm not crazy about the monotone all black interior.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
My whole problem with this pre-order thing is none of my local dealers say that you can choose your options. They *think* (again, have NO information that says this) you can state your preference, and GM *might* try to build that combo, but there is no way of knowing for sure... that is, until maybe April 15th when they can actually order them.

I'm holding off from this first 1000 purchase I think. I can't get prices on options, I can't find confirmed colors, etc... also, no supplier discount (no employee discount either for those who that would apply to), and one of my local dealers said NO GM card discounts on this first 1,000. MSRP only, nothing else, no deals, no discounts.

I'm holding off... but I'm going to be drooling all over my keyboard when I see all of those here who got one of those first 1,000 I'm sure.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
rlhammon said:
My whole problem with this pre-order thing is none of my local dealers say that you can choose your options. They *think* (again, have NO information that says this) you can state your preference, and GM *might* try to build that combo, but there is no way of knowing for sure... that is, until maybe April 15th when they can actually order them.

I'm holding off from this first 1000 purchase I think. I can't get prices on options, I can't find confirmed colors, etc... also, no supplier discount (no employee discount either for those who that would apply to), and one of my local dealers said NO GM card discounts on this first 1,000. MSRP only, nothing else, no deals, no discounts.

I'm holding off... but I'm going to be drooling all over my keyboard when I see all of those here who got one of those first 1,000 I'm sure.
I gotta figure there would be options and colors avalaible somewhere prior to this thing (website, brochure) otherwise the message will be hey go order this thing but you don't know what you are ordering and we aren't sure if you'll actually get what you ordered.

No GM card discount is kind of weird. The supplier discount I can see (did we ever find out if Sol will be a part of that on regular orders?)

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
rlhammon said:

Sounds like you're getting a big cart load of BS from your local dealers. What's the point of taking pre-orders prior to production starting if you can't design the cars the way you want. Even the "first 1000." If they're going to people who have pre-ordered and if they're ordered before they're built there's no reason/excuse it shouldn't be the way you want. If it's not GM gets on giant F-U from me, and I bet a lot of other people too.

·
Premium Member
10,365 Posts
rlhammon said:

I went to one of the big South Florida dealers and he had a copy of a sheet that had all the options and colors, but no prices. One item that I thought was standard, on his sheet it was not, and that was the On-Star. The colors were as follows, no surprise to me since these colors have been mentioned here and on the Sky forum: Dark Blue, Torrid Red, White, Emerald Green, Black, silver, and the Dark gray, I do not remember any other color. For the interior you had the solid Evony and the 2 tone dark gray/Tan.
The wheels info match what we know already. The person I usualy talk with was not there so he could not tell me about the April 14th date, I will either call or go tomorrow and see if there is any more information.

·
Registered
58 Posts
My dealer said that is what the two teleconferences are for and his guess is that is where they will be told exactly what can be done and how. The Orders will go in for options, this is before they start building the 1,000. So I think those who actually get one of the first 1,000 shouldn't have a problem... but we have to wait untill April to see exactly what they can do.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
LatinVenom said:
I went to one of the big South Florida dealers and he had a copy of a sheet that had all the options and colors, but no prices. One item that I thought was standard, on his sheet it was not, and that was the On-Star. The colors were as follows, no surprise to me since these colors have been mentioned here and on the Sky forum: Dark Blue, Torrid Red, White, Emerald Green, Black, silver, and the Dark gray, I do not remember any other color. For the interior you had the solid Evony and the 2 tone dark gray/Tan.
The wheels info match what we know already. The person I usualy talk with was not there so he could not tell me about the April 14th date, I will either call or go tomorrow and see if there is any more information.
It was mentioned in another thread so I went and looked it up.
By the end of 2007, OnStar, which includes one year of service, will become standard on all new trucks and cars sold in the United States and Canada.
Previously the information had mentioned 2006 model cars I thought, but now it says by the end of 2007. So the Solstice/Sky might not have OnStat standard.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts