Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How easy is it to change your gear ratios? If the car is setup to go 130mph and I never go more then 75mph, I'd rather divert more to acceleration then the higher top speed. Would this be achieved at a dealer's service center?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Adrenaline said:
How easy is it to change your gear ratios? If the car is setup to go 130mph and I never go more then 75mph, I'd rather divert more to acceleration then the higher top speed. Would this be achieved at a dealer's service center?
This depends. There may not be any lower ratios (numerically higher) available for the rear diff on Solstice. In time as the car is raced I suspect aftermarket ratios will be available. I not sure what you are attempting to gain here. Drag racing a Solstice with the stock engine isn't going to win you any trophies, no matter what the rear end ratio you use. Simply not enough engine power or torque. The ratio in the Sol is already quite steep for a street car (something like 3.93). Bumping th ratio up will cause the engine to rev out quicker in gears and have a bad effect on fuel mileage.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh ok, that's one thing off my todo list then. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts