Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 Solstice with about 32k miles. Gearshift or gearshift know rattles and is annoying. A light touch of the gearshift knob stops the rattle but only as long as I'm touching it.

Any ideas what's causing the rattle and how to fix?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
17,890 Posts
Welcome to the forum

do you have the stock shifter? I have not heard about a stock shifter rattling. The knob is weighted to prevent rattle.

Its possible that you have an aftermarket shift lever. If the knob is screwed onto the shift lever, its aftermarket. You can get a heavier knob to preclude the rattle.

If its the stock shifter and the knob is not removable then you can check the mounting bolt to be sure its not coming loose. Look for threads on DDM shifter install or JPM shift install. They will cover this

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
The Sky shifter is a different style but the same construction so this should apply: My RL has a shifter that will rattle pretty much the way you describe because the knob has broken loose from the shaft. It won't come off but it is loose. At some point I expect it to annoy me enough that I will remove the whole thing so that I can turn it upside down and fill the gap with epoxy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts