Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By now we know that several cars are in our fine state and some are in the metro Atlanta area.

It would be nice to know who has their car and whether they would like to try
and meet somewhere.

The scheduled events such as the Road Atlanta races in Oct and Nov come to mind.

My wife thinks a Sat or Sun drive to Helen for OKTOBERFEST would be an excellent choice.

Anyway, if you are in the area and are interested, please give up some ideas of your own.

There are some facinating stories about our experiences with the car that are worth sharing among ourselves as no one without the car could possibly understand or relate to.

Like Jimmy Buffet once said 'like trying to explain a Krystal to a Yankee".

·
Registered
6 Posts
FINELY said:
By now we know that several cars are in our fine state and some are in the metro Atlanta area.

It would be nice to know who has their car and whether they would like to try
and meet somewhere.

The scheduled events such as the Road Atlanta races in Oct and Nov come to mind.

My wife thinks a Sat or Sun drive to Helen for OKTOBERFEST would be an excellent choice.

I would love to drive up to Helen. I was planning on it this weekend but Its going to rain all weekend and I still havn't gotten my car!!! The DOD was on the 20th.... I'm like a short fat kid and can't get to my cupcake!

·
Registered
271 Posts
I would like to join in on the drive to Helen if you don't mind someone from your neighbor state of SC tagging along.

·
Registered
111 Posts
FINELY,

I don't have my car yet (ordered June 27th), but would love to get together for Saturday morning runs around GA when it shows up. I'm glad to see Sols are showing up in GA, but I've yet to see one on the road. I commute daily from east of Atlanta (Loganville) to the west side ot ATL daily on I-20.

AFSOC 1st Sgt Aggressive/Cloth/XM/Monsoon

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Everyone

I am in on the drive to Helen or anywhere else, just let me know when and were. This weekend I will be at the Auto Show in Winder...it is the last one of the year and a big turn out is expected. I will be there about 12 noon if anyone else wants to join us..Maybe we can look for some good roads to drive on or have 3 or 4 or 5 Solstice on display together. How cool would that be?

·
Registered
111 Posts
64GTO,

Where in Winder?

AFSOC 1st Sgt
Aggressive/cloth/Monsoon/all other except smokers

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't have my Sol just yet but when i do I would be interested in going up to Atlanta. I currently live in Good ol Valdosta GA

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Hey out there,just joined today.I,m waiting for my solstice,ordered 10/8,looks like I,ll have a long wait.When it gets here I,ll be ready to go on any road trips,I,m about to go crazy reading all these different post.Mine will be envious,leather,a/c,and lsd.Can,t wait! I,m located in ellenwood,henry county.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Have been busy

Sorry, have not been on the forum for awhile. Missed the show in Winder, was late getting there. The show was on route 211 just before downtown Winder, can not remember the name of the shopping center. Real easy to find though.

This weekend "The Georgia Bandits" Car Club is having a car show in downtown Lawrenceville, the show is sponsored by Lawrenceville Auto Parts on Clayton Street. For show info call: Tony Conner, 678 858 3336.

I plan to be there early this time and get my Sol registrated for the show.
The weather looks like it is going to be very nice, come on out....

·
Registered
111 Posts
See ya in L-ville

64GTO said:
This weekend "The Georgia Bandits" Car Club is having a car show in downtown Lawrenceville, the show is sponsored by Lawrenceville Auto Parts on Clayton Street. For show info call: Tony Conner, 678 858 3336.

I plan to be there early this time and get my Sol registrated for the show.
The weather looks like it is going to be very nice, come on out....
64GTO,
Lawrenceville is real close to me. I'll look you up over there on Saturday. Heck, there's a chance (according to the dealer) that mine will be here Friday. If so, I will definitely show up at the car show. That would be too (or is that two) cool.

·
Registered
111 Posts
stang said:
Are there any upcoming events planned for the North or Northwest part of Atlanta? I would love to another Solstice in person.
stang,

Lawrenceville is only about 30-45 minutes from NW Atlanta (Marietta?). I drive from Loganville to Fulton Industrial Blvd (almost Six-Flags) and back every day for work. I can make it each way in about that time.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
AFSOC 1st Sgt said:
stang,

Lawrenceville is only about 30-45 minutes from NW Atlanta (Marietta?).
I know. I was just wanting to be lazy. :D I'm actually up in Canton, but I do travel a lot to Marietta. I have to admit though, it's very tempting to drive out to Gwinnett for a Solstice. :yesnod:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Damn I have to go to Seattle this weekend. I have been driving all over Atlanta though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tooooooooooooo Much Fun, my poor mustang has been sitting feeling neglected.

Steve

·
Registered
100 Posts
Saturday in Lawenceville

Sgt,
Look for the "COOL SOL" I plan on getting there around 10 am. Hope you have your SOL by than.

stang,
Come on over to L'ville on saturday. It isn't that far away and the weather is suppose to be great. A good day for Sol searching......

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey stang,

Just had another thought. I will see if I can stir up FINELY and try to get him there also. It so, there could be 3 SOLS there. Deep, Aggressive and Cool. Could you show up for that?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Saturday times

The times for saturday are, 9AM to Noon for registration and from Noon to 4PM for the car show.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts