Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday somebody placed a Solstice for sale with a Buy-It-Now
price of $38,000. Today some other fellow also placed one for sale - this with a Buy-It-Now price of $45,000 (!!!!). Neither will get it, since I've
yet to see one sold for more than $28K and there are several on the boards
now that are less than that. It looks like, so far, $28K is the upper end of
the market, but I'm wondering if greater public awareness plus limited supply
won't push that upper end up a bit. Perhaps so, but there's no way it's going as high as $38K, in my opinion. That's pricing waiting time at more than
$1K per month, approximately.

·
Registered
142 Posts
kingarthur said:
price of $38,000. Today some other fellow also placed one for sale - this with a Buy-It-Now price of $45,000 (!!!!). Neither will get it, since I've
won't push that upper end up a bit. Perhaps so, but there's no way it's going as high as $38K, in my opinion. That's pricing waiting time at more than
I was offered 50k today at the dealership for mine from an unsolicitied buyer.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Not everyone with money goes to E-bay to shop for items.
I believe once this cars are on the road there will be those that got to have one and will pay 35K or more, I have asked a number of people to guess the price of the car, and not ONE so far has said less than 35K, most of the time is 40K plus or high 30's.

·
Registered
479 Posts
tugmate said:
I would like to solicit the unsolicited offer, at 50K, I'll sell and wait and buy 2 more of them, if you have his info please P.M. me.

·
Registered
66 Posts
tugmate said:
Wow... if your explanation doesn't include "A man threatened to kill my family if I ever sold my car".. then I'm going to laugh hard. Either you're rich, or just plain silly.

·
Registered
110 Posts
tugmate said:

I'll give you 10K if you could get "unsolisted" to by my car for 50K. Wait, does that make sense... :(

·
Registered
175 Posts
tugmate said:
Why aren't you telling us you sold the car for 50K? If you said no you are just plain nuts!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
:agree:

As much as I'm looking forward to the car, and as much as I love the Sol, even I would have taken $50K for it. That's Elise $$$... and THEN SOME!

·
Registered
535 Posts
tugmate said:
I am sure the offerer made it knowing you wouldn't take it. Although if you didn't take it you must be nuts!

·
Registered
142 Posts
CoolOne2006 said:
I am sure the offerer made it knowing you wouldn't take it. Although if you didn't take it you must be nuts!
I am nuts! Nuts about this car. I am headed there to pick it up at noon!!!!!

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
kingarthur said:
I guess they are looking for that "Sucker born every minute." who will pony up thousands over MSRP instead of shopping around or finding patience.

PS, For sale section is only for specific people selling their car, so I am going to move this over to the General Sol discussion forum. :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Clearly the posters on this thread are not among those berating dealers for asking sticker plus for the cars. Else why would they violate their principles by accepting a profitable offer, regardless of the amount over MSRP?

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Breeze said:
Clearly the posters on this thread are not among those berating dealers for asking sticker plus for the cars. Else why would they violate their principles by accepting a profitable offer, regardless of the amount over MSRP?
The thing is, with all the talk, the attacks, the whining, the accusations of gouging, the carrying on about dealer's asking for more than MSRP, it is really this simple.

Dealers are asking what they think they can get. If nobody paid over MSRP, dealers would quickly drop their asking prices to MSRP after they would not receive any offers. However, there are people out there, probably with more money than I, who feel it is worth it to spend more than MSRP to secure one of these cars right now instead of 6-12 months down the line. As long as they are around paying hefty premiums, dealers will continue to ask for premiums. If they would just be patient, and hold out for better deals, we would all start to see better deals.

I personally do not like the situation, but the buyers paying more are just as much to blame as dealers asking for more.

·
Registered
201 Posts
tugmate said:
:crazy:
For that price, he can have mine

·
Registered
61 Posts
Fformula88 said:
The thing is, with all the talk, the attacks, the whining, the accusations of gouging, the carrying on about dealer's asking for more than MSRP, it is really this simple.

Dealers are asking what they think they can get. If nobody paid over MSRP, dealers would quickly drop their asking prices to MSRP after they would not receive any offers. However, there are people out there, probably with more money than I, who feel it is worth it to spend more than MSRP to secure one of these cars right now instead of 6-12 months down the line. As long as they are around paying hefty premiums, dealers will continue to ask for premiums. If they would just be patient, and hold out for better deals, we would all start to see better deals.

I personally do not like the situation, but the buyers paying more are just as much to blame as dealers asking for more.

·
Registered
515 Posts
kingarthur said:
It looks like, so far, $28K is the upper end of
won't push that upper end up a bit.
Just got home from a company cookout. A friend asked me if my car was in yet. After saying no, several people asked what I was getting. Of the 15 people standing around the BBQ, 2 had ever heard of the car, 1 of them being my friend that only knew because I've been talking about it for the last year.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Look at E-Bay today

If you look at E-Bay the last few days you will notice most of the cars have not yet met the reserve price. I think people are getting there fill of over pricing and hopefully the dealers will get the hint soon.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts