·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm getting the following code,

Power Train Code: P0236
Turbocharger Boost Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance

Anyone know why I could be getting that code? The car rev's up really slowly as if its in limp mode when the codes present. If I erase it, the car runs fine again. Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Do you have the GMPP tune? If so, You need to solder the connections to your sensors.
These were probably done as crimped connectors and they cause various error codes.
Soldering the connections will tend to alleviate the error codes. And take care of turbo boost drop outs. Good luck!

Host for the 2012 PNWR 4th Annual Regionals
July 19-22, 2012 Clarkston, WA
http://www.portlandroadsters.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=71&Itemid=1

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do have the GMPP tune. I'm surprised it took over a year and a half to have this issue. I'll solder the connections and see if it makes a difference. Thanks Stvz Carz

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
Agree with the soldering. I had the same issue. First (long story) I just re-crimped and that fixed it for a year or so. Second time I soldered.

It's takes a while for weathering and vibration to affect the crimps, but eventually you get the problem.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had the same issue the other day Vroompsh. Dashdaq reported a U0073 DTC and a pending P0236. I cleared the codes and all went back to normal. STVZ CARZ or Tomato Soup, which sensor(s) are you soldering? MAP? Also, and photos you know of to guide the novice tinkerer?

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
Gopher, you need to remove the crimp connectors and solder the connections to both the TMAP and MAP - see locations here:

This post (different forum - need to join to see photos) lays out what I had to go through and some tips: FYI - Removing pins from GMPP TMAP connectors

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks TS. I'm on that forum, too. This will help a lot.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had the same problem a few weeks ago. Soldering the connection was the fix. No code 236 since. The overall performance and gas mileage improved.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts