Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok , ive read about every thread here a couple of times , and i know this has kind of been beat to death, but im about to pull the trigger on one or the other really soon. hahn has given me a great deal on their stage 2 and hi-flow cat , which will leave me some wiggle room financially to spring for the magnaflow dual system and rear valence from rks. if i go with the DDM , i wil be pretty much tapped with the stage 1 and catch can. im looking for the final push to go in either direction. - i dont beat on my cars and dont race either... mostly the occasional stomp when criusing / hiway entry etc etc. car is an 07 with 91k

thanks guys

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
I think you answer your own question.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Ask yourself this. What's more important top end hp or low end tq. Tq go s/c hp go turbo

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ask yourself this. What's more important top end hp or low end tq. Tq go s/c hp go turbo
thats the reasoning i have been following , but the torque on the hahn is up there as well , and most of the guys who have it indicate very little , to no turbo lag, i.e. very supercharger like. this is where i am getting tripped up. ive driven many turbo cars before , but no s/c cars.. so i can only use my imagination based on my knowledge. however , i am attracted to the relative simplicity of the s/c setup. its a lot of dough either way , but i can get more of a compete package , meaning doing the exhaust as well , with the turbo kit. jeeezz i wish all my problems and worries were like this:lol:

·
Registered
263 Posts
well, let me put it this way, even when a turbo has very little to no lag, the power still comes on as the rpm tracks upward, even on the stock LNF motor, the power comes in and you can feel when you hit boost. With a supercharger, its there instantaneously (sp?), like a torquey V8, they are just two different ways of making power and they each have their drawbacks and positives. I chose to go turbo because I happen to like the feel, however when my Mustang is done, I will probably go Kenne Bell just to get the other perspective

·
Vendor
1,394 Posts
Also, you may want to give us a call, right now we have 2 supercharger kits that were removed from V8 swaps that we are doing. When we refurb them they get all new pulleys, belts, etc and basically look brand new, but are significantly less expensive (you can get a used Stage 2 for less then a brand new Stage 1 ;) ).

Also if you want a turbo setup, you may be interested in something we are testing right now that will be very competitive price wise with other turbo kits, but have the advantage of having a better intercooler setup, a cast manifold for longevity, the fastest spool of any turbo kit we have ever driven on a 2.4L, comes with a water cooled turbo and should be good for 270-280hp at the wheels ;)

Here is a sneak peak:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Wow, that looks really clean! I'm can't wait to hear more!

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Dave you had to send me this link, your already doing my exhaust and now I want a DDM turbo build, mainly because your customer service is GREAT!! even being in Japan I get top notch help . PM me what you are looking at for a price of the turbo that you are talking about.

·
Vendor
1,394 Posts
Dave you had to send me this link, your already doing my exhaust and now I want a DDM turbo build, mainly because your customer service is GREAT!! even being in Japan I get top notch help . PM me what you are looking at for a price of the turbo that you are talking about.
Sure will, we are still working on finalizing the pricing and the kit will be a little cleaner then what is in picture, FYI.

The pricing on our kit will be very competitive.

We should have all of the pricing late next week figured out and will make a post about it.

Thanks!
Dave

·
Registered
62 Posts
I don't want to impose on domer here but I'm curious Dave , I emailed you guys a while back on used supercharger kits do you think you could pm me a price on stage one and or stage 2or email me my email was [email protected]

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Sure will, we are still working on finalizing the pricing and the kit will be a little cleaner then what is in picture, FYI.

The pricing on our kit will be very competitive.

We should have all of the pricing late next week figured out and will make a post about it.

Thanks!
Dave
cool thanks Dave, do you think that you could pm me a parts list so that I can so some side by side compairing myself?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Domer you'll love the kit I have a stage two and I love it. I've never regretted my choice.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Dave.

When you say this kit will do 270-280hp is that crank or whp. Also what turbo are you using?

·
Registered
46 Posts
hi Dave
I talked to you a lil while back about a refurb kit (stage 2) but at that time I had only had my car for a few weeks . I am now close to doing this could you send me a quote
My Sol is a 2008 scca model with posi , TC and ESC 2,4 na would like price for a rebuilt stage 2 or a stage 3 and for all I would need to complete .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts