Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question; My wife was asking if there has been any posts concerning the ease or difficulty in getting in and out of the Solstice seats.I did a quick search and found nothing. Just wondering if anyone who went to Detroit or participated in the Drive and Show had any comments. I am 6'1' 220+, wife is 5'2" under 130.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
fak429 said:
Just a quick question; My wife was asking if there has been any posts concerning the ease or difficulty in getting in and out of the Solstice seats.I did a quick search and found nothing. Just wondering if anyone who went to Detroit or participated in the Drive and Show had any comments. I am 6'1' 220+, wife is 5'2" under 130.
It's very low, like less than 4" off the ground. I'm 5-11. My best advice is to sit in the seat first, then swing your legs in. One taller person reported in a previous thread about having a problem with this technique, but I don't remember how tall he was.

While in the car I did note that the tilt steering doesn't have much tilt. It's more of an up and down thing, and fully up isn't exactly truck driver like. So if you normally tilt it up to help get in your regular car, this may or may not help much in the Solstice.

·
Registered
905 Posts
My Sunfire is 5.6" off the ground and I almost all ways sit in the seat first. I'm 6'2" 160 though so YMMV.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Someone made a post a while back about having problems getting in and out. I think he was 6'3" or something like that. I didn't have any problems and I took note of it because of his post. So, unless you are over a certain height, I think you are okay.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
stang said:
:lol: That makes it sound like the 'seat' is less than 4" off the ground.
Sorry, the bottom of the car is less than 4 inches from the ground. Glad to make you chuckle stang. :yesnod:

Someone posted the exact number (something like 3.65" or 3.78" or 3.83") like it matters exactly!? :nonod:

So, does any one know the seat height other than really low?????

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
The seating position is low but both my wife and I noticed how much easier it is to get into and to get out of than is my Miata. I think "how low" is relative. It's the ease of getting into and out of the car that counts, and the Solstice is far easier on my old bones ( and my wife's :lol: ) than is my Miata.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Several Of The Larger Folks In Detroit Were Thrilled With How Easy It
Was For Them To Access The Car And The Fit Inside Was Excellent.
I Recall A Few Of Them Making Comments To The Gm Execs.

If You Met The Gm People That Built This Dream You Would Know They Took Every Detail Into Consideration. I Think My Anxiety About This Car Was
Totally Matched By Them.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
if all else fails you could do a modified version of the Dukes of Hazzard car entry.

·
Registered
40 Posts
FINELY said:
Several Of The Larger Folks In Detroit Were Thrilled With How Easy It
Was For Them To Access The Car And The Fit Inside Was Excellent.
I Recall A Few Of Them Making Comments To The Gm Execs.

If You Met The Gm People That Built This Dream You Would Know They Took Every Detail Into Consideration. I Think My Anxiety About This Car Was
Totally Matched By Them.
I was probably one of these! I am 5'11" and 260 lbs. Was very comfortable in car. Getting in and out was relatively easy. Tried to fit in Miata, needed shoehorn. Funny thing though, my 1990 miata didn't seem as small? Car must have shrunk over the years!!!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
I expected it to be difficult but it was easy and natural. the GM engineer demonstrated a method- open the door, sit down facing perpendicular to the front/rear axis of the car, and simply swing your legs in. works like a charm. being a 2door gives the designers the ability to make nice wide doors. It's probably easier to enter and exit than my BMW sedan.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wally said:
I was probably one of these! I am 5'11" and 260 lbs. Was very comfortable in car. Getting in and out was relatively easy. Tried to fit in Miata, needed shoehorn. Funny thing though, my 1990 miata didn't seem as small? Car must have shrunk over the years!!!!
Funny thing I have found most of my clothes within the closet have shrunk, I blame this on the closet dust.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Wasn't hard to get in and out

I'm 6' 2", 235 and had no problem getting in and out, even with the top up. If I did, I don't remember it due to the pleasure and excitement of the day.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks

Thanks to everyone who has replied. One thing I can always say is how helpful this site is. The individuals associated here are the best.......

·
Registered
284 Posts
wally said:
I'm one of those also (5'9" - 235 lbs). I felt it was easier to get into and out of than the C5 Corvette I recently sold. (Also a heck of alot easier than the Fiero I had years ago..). :yesnod:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Rogobuck said:
I'm one of those also (5'9" - 235 lbs). I felt it was easier to get into and out of than the C5 Corvette I recently sold. (Also a heck of alot easier than the Fiero I had years ago..). :yesnod:
I agree, I also thought it was easier to get into and out of than a C5...

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Sounds like we've got some Solstice Forum members who need to get in shape.

Lucky for you, all future Solstice owners will get a free copy of "Sweatin' To the Solstice" with their vehicle purchase. In the tapes, Bob Lutz will show you how to lose those love handles and improve your track times! How many workout tapes can say that?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
stang said:
Sounds like we've got some Solstice Forum members who need to get in shape.

Lucky for you, all future Solstice owners will get a free copy of "Sweatin' To the Solstice" with their vehicle purchase. In the tapes, Bob Lutz will show you how to lose those love handles and improve your track times! How many workout tapes can say that?
:glol: You are funny :lol:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts