Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Soltice Fans,

I have a VIN# and want to use it to find out what options, etc. are on that particular vehicle.

Can't find the place on the site that explains how to do this.

Anyone know offhand?

Thanks

·
5,641 Posts
The VIN dosen't contain any information about equipment on a car beyond the engine and restraint systems. On the Solstice there are no engine or restaint options, so those numbers will not reveal any information.

Dealerships have access to several GM systems that would allow them to get equipment/option information by entering a VIN.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First 1000 smart?

Thanks to both of you for taking time to reply.

I may have a shot at a first-1000 that just came in . Do you recommend this...or is there a risk involved such as roof seals or just in general?

Other option is to wait until my actual order comes in, possibly a few months. Time is not really an issue, though, just want to make sure I get a quality vehicle with no "bugs."

·
5,641 Posts
Even the groups of cars built after the end of the 1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order cars have been held for quality checks. And very few people have posted about any of the thought to be main issues of seals being a problem on cars that Pontiac has shipped. But waiting for your current order will almost certainly mean that many bugs are worked out.

I would think part of the choice comes down to the possible greater future value a 1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order car may have.

Of course another part of the choice is the road you were on, possible equipment differences.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
All the first year ones could have issues. The first 1000 did get a really good checking before they got released.

·
Registered
124 Posts
mceb said:
All the first year ones could have issues. The first 1000 did get a really good checking before they got released.

My dealer had his first Solstice delivered yesterday (didn't get the VIN) . He said he had never seen so many inspection/ Quality control stickers on the windows. THey way he discribed it, they literally covered one of the windows.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Eastocean said:
My dealer had his first Solstice delivered yesterday (didn't get the VIN) . He said he had never seen so many inspection/ Quality control stickers on the windows. THey way he discribed it, they literally covered one of the windows.
:yesnod: Yup mine had them too :yesnod:

·
Registered
7,205 Posts

·
5,641 Posts
JustMike said:
GREAT FIND!

The VIN Cards? or a two year post to reply to? :)

·
Registered
7,205 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Thanks to both of you for taking time to reply.

I may have a shot at a first-1000 that just came in . Do you recommend this...or is there a risk involved such as roof seals or just in general?

Other option is to wait until my actual order comes in, possibly a few months. Time is not really an issue, though, just want to make sure I get a quality vehicle with no "bugs."
i'd leave it alone and get an 07 or newer with the newer drivetrain design--not saying you'd have a problem with it but alot of people have so why take the chance? There are problems with the new setup too but overall much better than the first year design. Another thing to think about is the better warrenty,which you will most likely need with these cars........

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts
i'd leave it alone and get an 07 or newer with the newer drivetrain design--not saying you'd have a problem with it but alot of people have so why take the chance? There are problems with the new setup too but overall much better than the first year design. Another thing to think about is the better warrenty,which you will most likely need with these cars........
I have a feeling he isn't concerned about this any longer ... that post you quoted was from November 2005.

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
I have a feeling he isn't concerned about this any longer ... that post you quoted was from November 2005.
:agree: :yesnod:

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts
yeah i was just makin sure you were payin attention .................no really
Thanks .... :thumbs:

Keep us on our toes! :lol:

·
5,641 Posts

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts