Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had mentioned to my dealer a long time ago (April) that I was interested in getting my hands on any promotional material they were done with for the Solstice. Today I picked up my never-been-assembled display.

It's a 3 panel wide x 2 panel tall 2 sided display. Assembled it's just over 6' wide by 7' tall. Each panel folds into a 2'x3'x3" box so the front image and the back image are on different pieces of cardboard so they could be cut apart. On the one side is "Solstice" on the top written over red paint that's spilling down into the bottom panel that has a pic of the car. On the back, pics of the G6 coupe, Torrent, and Solstice across the top and "Pontiac New Release Party" acrossed the bottom. It's the same Solstice pic that was in the LA/NY Times and other big papers, and the Torrent/G6 are the same shot with the vehicles switched.

All and all it's a sexy little package that will either be protected with all my stuff or assembled on the garage wall. It's just cardboard so I would worry about dinging it up if it was in the garage. We'll see.

Many thanks to my dealer for passing this stuff onto me.

Here's some pics. I threw in the die-cast or a size reference.
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=10/27920595756.jpg&s=x10
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=10/27921001493.jpg&s=x10
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=10/27921034169.jpg&s=x10

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
All I've gotten so far is a notecard in the mail with my salesman's picture on it.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
solli4me said:
All I've gotten so far is a notecard in the mail with my salesman's picture on it.
I had to take my salesmans picture. Actually took puicture of car as he was giving her first fillup with petrol (see my post 726 on ground)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mceb said:
Ohhhhh I like the black picture :)
Yeah. It's really nice. Would look great behind glass hanging on a wall.

I was thinking about selling that pic on Ebay or something, but I would have no idea how to ship it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
How much would you the sell it for?

I love the poster with the dripping paint!

Led

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Led Zep said:
How much would you the sell it for?

I love the poster with the dripping paint!

Led
Knowing that shipping would be a pain, I hadn't thought that far.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Wow! That's pretty cool! Would look perfect on our garage wall placed directly in front of " Baby Sly"s" reserved parking space! Hey, did the garage floor specifically for "her" so why not the walls too!!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Marc said:
Real nice.

Would you sell them as a set?
Depends. If someone really wanted it as is, I would sell it that way. However, since I doubt most people will actually want to set it up as a 2 sided display, I would probably cut them so the 6 panels that read "Soltice" over the red car could be a set and then the 1 panel pic of the black car could be displayed/sold by itself.

Before people get too carried away, I'm not sure I'm selling it.

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
Chris said:
Before people get too carried away, I'm not sure I'm selling it.

Why don't you guys check with your dealer? My guys have the same thing set up in the showroom. Eventually they will replace it with something else, I plan to try and get it from them then. I figure the next time I am in there I will mention it to the sales manager and see what they plan to do with the display. Who knows, he may have another one in a box.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just saw this pic from LatinVenom showing off his 6" appendage. :)

In the background you'll see the Solstice side of the assembled display.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.