Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Her comment made me chuckle and wonder if there's ever been a more ridiculous car launch. I agree that the car shouldn't be rushed since only a fully finished product should be sold but with the whole Apprentice tie-in, Pontiac trying to re-establish itself, the summer about over, the fit issues, clueless and shady dealers, high demand, etc. can this launch be any more ridiculous?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Would this be a good time to ask for suggestions for a SKY launch party? We won't get our first one in our facility until next year, but it is never too soon to start planning. We are supposed to have the SKY event team in November, and want to plan for that also. Positive feedback is welcome!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
sol4soul said:
Her comment made me chuckle and wonder if there's ever been a more ridiculous car launch. I agree that the car shouldn't be rushed since only a fully finished product should be sold but with the whole Apprentice tie-in, Pontiac trying to re-establish itself, the summer about over, the fit issues, clueless and shady dealers, high demand, etc. can this launch be any more ridiculous?
Sorry, but there are still a good five weeks left in the summer. If this wasn't a brand new car with people anxiously awaiting it, you would never have known about any fit or other problems. All vehicles and all manufacturers go through this. The difference is that they don't do it under a microscope like the Solstice has been put under. Clueless and shady dealers? Every brand has them. Again, they have been maginfied by the attention this car is getting. As to high demand, it would be bad news for the whole program if it was low demand. People just need to chill.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Anti-Lupin said:
Though probably unintended, it seems like Pontiac is going for more of a "Soft Launch." I hope the SKY launch is more of an event. Maybe bring in U2 or somebody... Now that's a launch!!!!! HA!
Soft Launch?! I suppose having a Limited Edition first 1000 with a special plaque is something standard that all car makers do for all their releases. Oh and the party that those first 1000 were invited to, I guess Ford and Toyota and even BMW throw a huge get together for their special customers! Seriously, all these things MUST be everyday practice from all the rest of the car makers in the world because the "soft launch" that Pontiac is pulling off is so in line with what they've all done before. Because you know, my friend has a Limited first 1000 special edition 2004 Civic... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Okay, here's my 2 cents worth...I work for a Saturn retailer in North Carolina. We have never had anything like the SKY before. It is a big deal, and I want to get input on how best to present it to current and future Saturn owners. Like any local business, we have budgets, time and space constraints that we have to stay within.
When we have a "launch", it is at the local level. When the L-Series came out, they had a great big owner party at the retailer and everyone got to test drive the vehicle. Didn't shut the thing off all day! I know that Saturn is sending out a SKY Mobile Event Team starting this month. I am still gathering information on that. I want to have goodies for my own SKY customers, and if GM isn't going to supply me with some, then I will provide them myself. I don't have unlimited funds, but I want my customers to feel special, as this is a very special vehicle for Saturn. So....having said that, as a potential owner what goodies would you like to get? Dash plaque? Silver license plate frame? Engraved key fob? Please be reasonable, as I am 100% commission with a mortgage and a car payment of my own!
And as for the "shady dealers" comment that someone else made...neither myself nor my retailer will ever be in that catagory. I pride myself on the way I treat my customers, and I will bend over backwards to do right by them. Anyway, thanks in advance for any positive feedback.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Dream Seeker said:
Okay, here's my 2 cents worth...I work for a Saturn retailer in North Carolina. We have never had anything like the SKY before. It is a big deal, and I want to get input on how best to present it to current and future Saturn owners. Like any local business, we have budgets, time and space constraints that we have to stay within.
When we have a "launch", it is at the local level. When the L-Series came out, they had a great big owner party at the retailer and everyone got to test drive the vehicle. Didn't shut the thing off all day! I know that Saturn is sending out a SKY Mobile Event Team starting this month. I am still gathering information on that. I want to have goodies for my own SKY customers, and if GM isn't going to supply me with some, then I will provide them myself. I don't have unlimited funds, but I want my customers to feel special, as this is a very special vehicle for Saturn. So....having said that, as a potential owner what goodies would you like to get? Dash plaque? Silver license plate frame? Engraved key fob? Please be reasonable, as I am 100% commission with a mortgage and a car payment of my own!
And as for the "shady dealers" comment that someone else made...neither myself nor my retailer will ever be in that catagory. I pride myself on the way I treat my customers, and I will bend over backwards to do right by them. Anyway, thanks in advance for any positive feedback.
Some people are hat people, so perhaps some Sky hats would be appreciated.

I'm a coffee cup person (having some now-Charleston SC mug),

I wouldn't mind having some type of Solstice business binder. Something that I can put a notepad and some papers (quote?) that has a big picture of the Sky/Solstice on the cover.
Its pretty interesting that even with the apprentice launch, there are still quite a number of people who don't know what this car is.

I'm sure that will change as these cars hit the road, but for now its still flying under the radar.

·
Registered
169 Posts
NC Saturn

Dream Seeker said:
...I work for a Saturn retailer in North Carolina. We have never had anything like the SKY before. It is a big deal, and I want to get input on how best to present it to current and future Saturn owners. Like any local business, we have budgets, time and space constraints that we have to stay within.
Please post when and where in NC you will be showing the Sky. I lust after the Sol, but am still torn between the 2 cars. For the record, promotional stuff is nice, but really doesn't influence me. Just want a good/great car and a sales/service staff I can trust.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hey, I'll take a hat if you really want to give one out. ;) Congrats on the Facility recognition :cheers:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Goodies

If you're giving out goodies make sure you have all sizes. I liked the Solstice t-shirt I got but had to give it away since at 5'8" the shirt was a dress on me. How about a "Sky Parking Here" sign that people can put in their garages?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...ignore her

When I told my girlfriend about the Sol, she gave me a "oh that's nice" kind of patronizing comment. I ignored it. Now, she's actually getting excited about it. It wouldn't matter, cause I'm getting it either way. We are men after all! Grrrh, hoo aaah!
:cool:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts

p.s. don't tell her I said that!

·
Registered
1,729 Posts

well I let her wear my Solstice hat. lol

·
Registered
819 Posts
Give her the Tim Taylor response and see how that wors for you!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts