Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You read that right. I am giving up my Ford F-150 with 11" of total suspension lift for the Sly Solstice I ordered yesterday. :cool:

It will be a huge change. Things I will finally be able to do in my Solstice that I could not do in my truck.

Park in my 3-Car garage (what a concept)
Park in the underground parking at my job
Get more than 13 MPG
Not have to worry about parking in the south 40 of a business/mall because I cannot maneuver in and out of normal parking spaces with such a big truck.
Not have to worry about insanely huge blind spots

Don't get me wrong, I love lifted trucks, but it is becoming extremely impractical. I am looking forward to those top down drives home after a day of work. :cool: I better stock up on the sunblock for my head now, since I shave it daily. Otherwise I will end up with some serious sunburns. :lol:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Hope you won't miss the truck. I'm keeping mine; but it's not lifted. Just a stock 1990 Chevy 4x4. You'll enjoy the better than 13 mpg you are getting now.

·
Registered
753 Posts
:agree: i have a 98 f-150 STX. i have close to 150,000 on the odometer and it is still completely reliable. it will be going into semi-retiremeent when the solstice comes, but a pickup truck is a nice thing to keep in the driveway for hauling things to the dump or runs to home depot. i might put a set of 4 blizzaks on it because it is going to take me to work on snowy days but won't be my daily driver when the sun rises on the solstice.

·
5,600 Posts
Slipstream said:
Make sure whoever buys it isn't looking to turn the public roads into a monster truck arena.
:nono: :brentil:
That truck is so high, I'm guessing it has a 20-foot blind spot to the front. If the Mustant parked in front of that truck, the driver may never have seen it. Just imagine the headache the drive of a Solstice would have had. Litearlly!

·
Registered
40 Posts
:nonod:

So sad, that makes me want to cry... I love the new mustangs, the best looking car to come out of Detroit in years... so far ;)

I would love to have a 4x4 to be my daily driver, all it takes is money! Maybe I should get back to work, rather than posting on this website. :lol:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey I keep my head shaved too. The first couple of rides in the Mustang Convertible in spring sting like crazy the next day. After that the deep brown tan sets in and I am good to go the rest of the year. Now with two top down vehicles I should really get an early start on summer. :cool: I agree though think about keeping the truck, if I didn't have the F150 for those frequent trips to Home Depot I don't think I could pack many 10' 2X4's into either of the other cars.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love my truck but have realized it is impractical. If I need a truck, I can either hit my brother up for his Crew Cab Tundra, or just buy a beater. Beaters can be a TON of fun! LOL :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts