Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
My Wind Restrictor

It is held in place by 3M Dual Lock strips. That stuff is amazing - extremely secure. 3M also markets lightweight small pieces of the stuff under the brand name Command Strips.

In any case, Wind Restrictor was courteous, prompt, professional and provided an outstanding product. I wholeheartedly recommend them.

As far as lighting, I bought the "extreme light kit." Lots of color choices. It wires easily directly into your car's lighting. After installing it, I added in a DPDT (double pole double throw) switch from Amazon that allows the light kit to be powered by a simple 9 volt battery when the car is off (for example, at car shows).

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hello Greatgab, thank you (and everyone for the excellent information) can you please elaborate exactly how or where the velcro is attached - I assume small pieces of it literally stuck behind the sear on the inside of the car, perhaps female half and the male half on the unit itself?

Knight -- could you elaborate on the 3m mounting method? I am looking to see how others have done it -- so I may 'copy' their success. perhaps show actual mounting 3m pictures in place?

thank you

Regards,
Charles

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
can you please elaborate exactly how or where the velcro is attached - I assume small pieces of it literally stuck behind the sear on the inside of the car, perhaps female half and the male half on the unit itself?
There is velcro along the bottom edge of the plexiglass and you mount it directly to the tulip panel behind the seats.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thank you very clear now, I also spoke with the company and they provided several pictures and instructions regarding the illuminated one -- regards - Charles

·
Registered
31 Posts
I never had one but wished I had. Drove through a swarm of bees in my GMPP boosted 08 GXP while passing someone at (redacted)mph and dead and injured bees rained down all over me!!! Deflector would have made a big difference and a lot less cleanup inside.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Too many Solstice pictures in here, oh wait, well you needed to see the step up version (Skpel) Ok Ok Ok I am leaving.
That is one stunning ride!!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts