Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GM Parts Direct has Solstice parts now

They've got some of the Sostice parts up with prices now.

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/accessories then navigate to Pontiac->Solstice->2006

They've got the wheels, mud flaps, and a couple other items now.

Still nothing at the official GM site yet though.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,641 Posts
When you look at GM Parts Direct for parts, put them in the shopping cart to get a shipping estimate. As they say on the site, they make thier money through the shipping charges. There may not be a lot of savings over ordering through your local or selling dealer. Especially on accessories which have a lower mark up then some regular parts.

Second factor to keep in mind: GM accessories purchased and installed at time of delivery from the dealer have a warranty for the same 36 months or 36,000 miles as the car. Accessories purchased elsewhere or at another time would only have a 12 month or 12,000 mile warranty.

Good research brentil, but get outdoors it is Saturday (If safe to do so in your local area ;) ). I need to be here in the showroom, you need to be outside.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
905 Posts
I'm really wishing they would release the specs on the performance exhaust system so I could order it and have it installed on delivery.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
600 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Good research brentil, but get outdoors it is Saturday. I need to be here in the showroom, you need to be outside.
Maybe he's somewhere where it's well over 100 like here in Oklahoma! :lol:

Really, hope everyone enjoys the weekend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
383 Posts
speaking of exhaust..

Has there been any mockups of a dual exhaust yet..or a center exahust , similar to the boxster? Im sure its been done , but I havent seen any photoshops yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
905 Posts
I think the original concept had the center exhaust.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
deepdawg said:
Has there been any mockups of a dual exhaust yet..or a center exahust , similar to the boxster? Im sure its been done , but I havent seen any photoshops yet.
Hey deppdawg,

Stang did a mockup before. I don't know if it was just for me, but here's the link to the picture he posted:
Dual Exhaust Mockup

I think he did an awesome job of it. Much better than I could have done.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Small Dealer said:
When you look at GM Parts Direct for parts, put them in the shopping cart to get a shipping estimate. As they say on the site, they make thier money through the shipping charges. There may not be a lot of savings over ordering through your local or selling dealer. Especially on accessories which have a lower mark up then some regular parts.

Second factor to keep in mind: GM accessories purchased and installed at time of delivery from the dealer have a warranty for the same 36 months or 36,000 miles as the car. Accessories purchased elsewhere or at another time would only have a 12 month or 12,000 mile warranty.

Good research brentil, but get outdoors it is Saturday (If safe to do so in your local area ;) ). I need to be here in the showroom, you need to be outside.
I was mainly pointing these out since they had the original MSRP prices if you bought them from your local dealer you could figure out what you would be paying. Like accoridng to this those wheels will cost ~$2k MSRP to get all 4.

Oh, I was outside today doing lawn work already. It was about 95 F at 9:30 am while I was mowing. I'm inside now because AC is very very nice. I also have a severe lack of a Solstice to go tooling about in with some natural wind AC to keep me happy. :D
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,641 Posts
brentil said:
I was mainly pointing these out since they had the original MSRP prices if you bought them from your local dealer you could figure out what you would be paying. Like accoridng to this those wheels will cost ~$2k MSRP to get all 4.

Oh, I was outside today doing lawn work already. It was about 95 F at 9:30 am while I was mowing. I'm inside now because AC is very very nice. I also have a severe lack of a Solstice to go tooling about in with some natural wind AC to keep me happy. :D

This site allows you to do a dealer search for enrolled accessory dealers. http://www.gmaccessories.net/content_loc.aspx Pick a dealer, then select Pontiac and use the pull downs to get to Solstice. Check out a few dealers to see the difference in what they might charge. It found the dealer in Massachusetts was under $2,000 for 4 wheels while a dealer in Florida (Pines) was $2,500.

Your point is right on, educate, check prices, but don't rule out the local.


We lucked out, humidy low with breezes today so out 90F is bareable, if you don't touch the metal surfaces.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
383 Posts
thanks....I think that is more agressive looking that way. Although to do it aftermarket would have to encompass changing that rear valance too. If it isnt cost prohibitive, I would liketo do it to mine. Any bets that the turbo will be dual exhaust?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bah, of course my dealer isn't one of them. However the other dealer in the area I almost went with is. They had those rims asa set of 4 for ~$2k. Looks like the site I linked is just pulling data straight from a GM database since it's formatted exactly the same with the same info.

Hopefully the intake/exhast show up soon with all the other parts/items as well.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,641 Posts
brentil said:
Bah, of course my dealer isn't one of them. However the other dealer in the area I almost went with is. They had those rims asa set of 4 for ~$2k. Looks like the site I linked is just pulling data straight from a GM database since it's formatted exactly the same with the same info.
Same data base, but looks like each participating subscriber dealer can set price markup and labor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,171 Posts
The local dealer had floormats for $58.80 - installed $68.80. $10 bucks to drop them into your car :lol:
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,641 Posts
Editguy said:
The local dealer had floormats for $58.80 - installed $68.80. $10 bucks to drop them into your car :lol:
That is the problem with a data base that plugs and fills numbers without thought.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
753 Posts
Solstice Gets Performance Accessories
I didn't see it posted here so here it is. Interesting stuff.

http://forums.gminsidenews.com/show...?threadid=12723


Production for the all-new 2006 Pontiac Solstice roadster is geared up to launch in mid-June of 2005. Because product “czar” Bob Lutz wanted the Solstice to be a basic roadster priced below $20,000; the Kappa-based roadster does not have all of the ‘goodies’ that one would think the car should have. However the Solstice has plenty of dealer-installed accessories to make the car more personal.

An array of accessories will be offered through GM Accessories once the Solstice lands in dealerships this Summer. Possibly the most exciting accessory is a Cat-back exhaust system. The exhaust will reduce backpressure for performance and allow for a more aggressive exhaust note. Another exciting accessory is an Adjustable Race Suspension that will enhance the Solstice’s handling. The package includes an uplift kit, springs, bushings and adjustable struts.

Other accessories include; Luggage Rack that attaches to the rear deck lid and 18” chrome wheels, which will become available in late 2005.

Also note that in 2007 the Solstice will get a GT performance model that will be powered by a Turbocharged 2.0L ECOTEC engine. It is said that the GT model will have a revised front fascia.



i thought i'd go back to this thread because we are getting close to the release of the solstice and we have seen some accessories in print ( wheels) and some in pictures ( tonneau cover and bra) but not much on the two accessories i might be interested in- the suspension upgrade and the luggage rack for the rear deck. are we confident that we are going to get these items also? thhanks to aawill who posted originally
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,171 Posts
Small Dealer said:
That is the problem with a data base that plugs and fills numbers without thought.
Oh, I know you're right. But it just struck me as funny. And it was the only item listed that had an installed price. The one item that few people would ask to be "installed".
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,206 Posts
cdb said:
Solstice Gets Performance Accessories
I didn't see it posted here so here it is. Interesting stuff.

http://forums.gminsidenews.com/show...?threadid=12723
...Another exciting accessory is an Adjustable Race Suspension that will enhance the Solstice’s handling. The package includes an uplift kit, springs, bushings and adjustable struts....


i thought i'd go back to this thread because we are getting close to the release of the solstice and we have seen some accessories in print ( wheels) and some in pictures ( tonneau cover and bra) but not much on the two accessories i might be interested in- the suspension upgrade and the luggage rack for the rear deck. are we confident that we are going to get these items also? thhanks to aawill who posted originally
I thought I saw Oregon Solstice's info was the performance upgrade shock were NOT adjustable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
621 Posts
Here's the new accessory paper thingy from Pontiac. Haven't seen it posted yet. Sorry about the angle, but I don't have a scanner.
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Top