Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

261 - 272 of 272 Posts

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
My dealer called yesterday and told me the ordered parts were in , but that the recall parts list has been modified and that they are now waiting for bolts.

Anyone heard of this?? :yawn:
Hmmmmm....Modified when? Many people have had thier recall done all ready. Does this mean another change - another recall??? A recall to the recall :willy: :willy: :willy:

·
5,641 Posts
Blizzard said:
My dealer called yesterday and told me the ordered parts were in , but that the recall parts list has been modified and that they are now waiting for bolts.

Anyone heard of this??
From this site's recall information post:

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f60/recall-drive-axle-seal-leak-replace-seal-2-1-08-a-42445/

Are there other parts required?

Two possible additional parts, depending on the procedures used and the configuration of the car.

First situation would be if the dealership drops the exhaust to perform the procedure. There have been reports from some of the early recalls that the studs from the catalytic converter to exhaust have required replacement. Currently both the 2006-2007 2.4L and 2007 2.0L show the same part number for these studs, 12562640. These are tricky ones. The parts book lists them as being part of the converter. Dig around and will see that they are available seperately.

The second additional part is for cars that have a 4-bolt mounting bracket attached to the rear differential. These cars would include the 2007 Solstices with manual transmission and the driveline support bracket. This would be all GXPs and base Solstices built after the introduction of the support. The bolts required are #11515768. When you are making your appointment, make sure that these are in stock in your car requires them.

UPDATE: GM has issued 07-204D, or the fifth revision to the procedure. This version now recognizes the need for the 4 bracket bolts.

The bolts were always required, as the service manual procedure calls for them and the recall procedure was to follow the service manual procedure.

They were just not acknowledged in the recall bulletin parts listing.

·
Administrator
9,243 Posts
Hmmmmm....Modified when? Many people have had thier recall done all ready. Does this mean another change - another recall??? A recall to the recall :willy: :willy: :willy:
Have you NOT been on this board long even to know better than to believe, trust, rely, etc that which a local dealer says with regard to what GM has or hasn't said or done? (this of course does NOT include Small Dealer who has been a wealth of knowledge for 3 years! :bow: also - add Windface to this.)

IMO until Small Dealer confirms anything "someone's dealer" says (unless I *know* it is the truth) .... I will consider it false. Period. :toetap:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I contacted my dealer finally to talk about getting the recall done. I asked the dealer if they do the LSD additive when they change the fluid and they told me that they won't change the fluid in the diff under the recall. I mentioned that the seal has contaminated the fluid with shavings on some sol's but the dealer didn't budge. They'll do it if I pay for it. :brentil:

Any thoughts?

kw.........

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
I contacted my dealer finally to talk about getting the recall done. I asked the dealer if they do the LSD additive when they change the fluid and they told me that they won't change the fluid in the diff under the recall. I mentioned that the seal has contaminated the fluid with shavings on some sol's but the dealer didn't budge. They'll do it if I pay for it. :brentil:

Any thoughts?

kw.........
Is your car making any harmonic noise? Third or forth gear around 1800 to 2300 RPM? This is what I used to get my dealer to replace my diff. Once replaced, noise gone, clunk gone, car runnng great!!! See this thread.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts

Any thoughts?

kw.........
I paid for the fluid change and additive.....ask for a complete drain and refill as part of the recall....

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Hi all

How do I find out if my 2007 Solstice was recalled ?
By going to a any GM service department and having them run the VIN. It will reveal any outstanding or performed recall work.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I have a 2009 so I should have had the better seal. But, at 73,000 miles, I just learned it needs replacing for the THIRD time. The first 2 were under warranty, this will be $650. When I complained about the repeated failures, they told me they have a newly redesigned seal that will address the problem. So, have they redesigned the seal a second time or are they confusing with the first redesign and it still sucks?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
457 Posts
I quizzed the service guy more about this and he insists it a new redesign. Fingers are crossed.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

261 - 272 of 272 Posts