Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GM is giving up on some of its recent inovations. No more Envoy XUV's that can convert themselves from SUV's into pickups, and they are also tossing aside the quadrasteer 4 wheel steering system on its large trucks and SUV's.

http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosinsider/0502/18/01-94413.htm

http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosinsider/0502/18/B01-93847.htm

The lack of sales for the Envoy SUV doesn't surprise me. I cannot see many people spending extra on that movable roof option so they can haul a refrigerator once in their 3 years of ownership. However, quadrasteer is a neat innovation, and $2000 extra on a top of the line GMC truck or SUV is not all that much cash.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
But in the showroom, it has failed to pull its weight, even with its current $2,000 price tag, which is below GM's cost, said spokeswoman Sharon Basel.

"We've thrown everything at this to make this successful from a sales standpoint," Basel said. "It just isn't a viable option anymore."
Didn't I read that Dephi sued GM for originally packageing the QuadraSteer in an $8,000 dollar package and thus inhibiting sales? I think there's more to this story than what's printed. But got to drive one at GM's rolling autorama and it was fantastic! Turning radius at low speed in a four door truck was a whole lot less than the Honda Civic I drove there in!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Why get a XUV when you can get a Chevy ,AVA
Qstreer was great, wish I got on my pickup but the price in Canada was high.
They should marketed more on Sub, Yukon and Ava's I think they could sold more

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DreamerDave said:
Didn't I read that Dephi sued GM for originally packageing the QuadraSteer in an $8,000 dollar package and thus inhibiting sales? I think there's more to this story than what's printed. But got to drive one at GM's rolling autorama and it was fantastic! Turning radius at low speed in a four door truck was a whole lot less than the Honda Civic I drove there in!
Maybe that is why they only admit to having it in a high cost package initially and do not elaborate in that article.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts