Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Keeping the GM Badge?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a hunch about this, but I want a visual indicator of how well the response towards the GM Badge will be, coming from future Solstice owners.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
The little GM badge doesn't bother me a bit :yesnod:

:cuss: But it damn well better show up on all GM products - that means Saturn, Saab, Hummer, Holden, Opel, Vauxhall....

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
stang said:
Make a Poll.

What do you plan to do with the GM badge?
Keep it
Remove it
Not Sure

That would be fun.
The plan was to make a poll to begin with... but I posted it without one accidentally... and then spent 5 minutes trying to figure out how to either A. delete my post, or B. add a poll. I figured it out.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Fortimir said:
The plan was to make a poll to begin with... but I posted it without one accidentally... and then spent 5 minutes trying to figure out how to either A. delete my post, or B. add a poll. I figured it out.
Cool! :thumbs:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Get rid of it. It's out of place. Though I'm one that prefers no badging at all or a very small one on the hood and trunk.

·
Registered
185 Posts
MAKsys said:
The little GM badge doesn't bother me a bit :yesnod:

:cuss: But it damn well better show up on all GM products - that means Saturn, Saab, Hummer, Holden, Opel, Vauxhall....
Orginally posted by Brentil on 4-12-05, here's the link to the GM press release...

GM to add corporate badge to its vehicles

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Detroit - In a move to link General Motors and its vehicle brands more closely, the company today announced that its corporate emblem will begin appearing on all recently-introduced and all-new 2006-model vehicles produced and sold in North America starting this month. GM vehicle brands include Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick, GMC, Cadillac, Saab, Hummer and Saturn.

"The GM badge is a promise of trust to our customers, reflecting our commitment to deliver the best value to them," said Mark LaNeve, GM North America vice president, Vehicle Sales, Service and Marketing. "Our own studies show that consumers place a tangible value on the General Motors name. They like knowing that the car or truck they're driving benefits from GM's global expertise in powertrain, design, engineering, and advanced electronics. Our recent announcement that StabiliTrak (ESC) and OnStar will gradually become standard features on all GM cars and trucks is a tangible illustration of what GM adds to the individual and unique character of our product brands. We believe the time is right to capitalize on those impressions, starting in North America."

LaNeve noted that the GM badge conveys an important message to consumers. "The name 'General Motors' speaks to people," he said. "It is a name people trust. We've been in business nearly 100 years and we're the global sales leader. Research tells us that many of our most outstanding segment-leading vehicles are not associated by the customer to be part of the GM portfolio. Seeing that GM badge on vehicles evokes our heritage of leadership and makes an easy connection between our great lineup of vehicle brands and the company behind them."

The move reflects the growing trend, uncovered in GM's own research as well as in surveys and studies conducted by private firms, that consumers seek closer identity with the brands behind their favorite products.

The GM badge will take the form of a small silver square, embossed with the GM logo, placed on both sides of the vehicle on an appropriate location between the front and rear wheels above the rocker and below the glass belt line.

General Motors (NYSE: GM), the world's largest vehicle manufacturer, designs, builds and markets cars and trucks worldwide, and has been the global automotive sales leader since 1931. More information on GM can be found at www.gm.com.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Somebody replied that they are an "Original" freak. I wouldn't describe myself as such, but it does beg the question, "If you were restoring a 2006 Solstice in 2026, would you want the GM badges to complete the restoration?" I would have to say yes since they are part of the car as delivered by the manufacturer.

If you do remove them, stash them in the car somewhere a restorer to find in 2025.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
Somebody replied that they are an "Original" freak. I wouldn't describe myself as such, but it does beg the question, "If you were restoring a 2006 Solstice in 2026, would you want the GM badges to complete the restoration?" I would have to say yes since they are part of the car as delivered by the manufacturer.

If you do remove them, stash them in the car somewhere a restorer to find in 2025.
In 2025, won't I look silly driving a Solstice with all the flying cars wizzing by me? :willy:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...free at last

naoki said:
In 2025, won't I look silly driving a Solstice with all the flying cars wizzing by me? :willy:
Nope, cause I will be there too. Just thinik of it...we will have the roads all to ourselves. Everyone else will be in the air. :cool:

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Good thing they did this.

GM makes this car? Do they make any other cars? I mean I could have guessed they make GMC trucks, but Pontiac... Wow who would have thought... ;)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Do you think that it will be easily removed and what would we end up with afterward-possibly a mark or a messed up paint job? I am afraid to take a chance-with the new baby.

Less is more, maybe. Every one is in to the tags and logos, that is from Hilfiger to Pontiac... (even underwear are tagged). Shouldn't really surprise us. lol. Usually it is successful when you are stating that I paid a good price (or more than I should of...) for this quality. So, make us proud enough and we'll enjoy the "badge" as consumers and not mind advertising extra angles for you.

I don't like it and would rather make everybody I am passing 'work to figure out... what was that purrrrrrrrrreaty awesome car-rather keep the smooooooth lines undisturbed.

I can't wait to get this car!

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I do wonder how the GM badge is attached. I hope it is just a paint-safe adhesive.

I really thought this poll would be a landslide for "No." Wow, I was wrong.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...me too

Fortimir said:
I do wonder how the GM badge is attached. I hope it is just a paint-safe adhesive.

I really thought this poll would be a landslide for "No." Wow, I was wrong.
The GM name means nothing to me and the badge is tacky. I will wait until others remove theirs and give us tips how to do it safely. :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
I think it's funny that GM wants to add more style and excitement to their cars to make them not look so corporate and then they go and stick their corporate logo on every one.

That's like GE putting their logo on the TV screen along side the NBC logo just so the viewers know who owns them. :nonod:

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
It seems as though it looks LESS out of place now that it's on the fender under the Pontiac Crest. However, I may still remove it... I dunno. We'll just have to wait and see. I picked don't care, I figure if it doesn't bother me then I'll leave it. But chances are higher that I'll remove it rather than leave it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I saw this GM badge on the 2006 Caddy STS. You can barely make out that it says GM - and it's so freakin low - no one will ever see it! Why they picked that spot to stick the tiny, dime-sized logo I'll never know. What a waste.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cheever3000 said:
I'll be removing ALL badging as soon as possible.
So you are removing the hood badge, the rear badge, both side badges, and the wheel center caps, along with the GM badging?

...my thought is, who would remove the "Corvette" logo on their 'vette?

...and would you want to buy a 1953/1954 Corvette that was missing the original badging?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts