Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyway to identify a GM bra for the Solstice? I've found someone selling one but they cannot find any numbers or printing on it anywhere. I'm not interested in purchasing a Covercraft brand bra, just GM. So, I'm asking if anyone knows of something to look for on a GM bra that could maybe differentiate it from a Covercraft bra, or vice versa?

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
The only ID tags for the bra were on the box it came in. Still have my box hidden away in attic.

I purchased my bra thru Ebay several years ago. Came from a Chevy dealer in Michigan.

BTW...I have a bra with license plate hole available.

I also have the solid bra (no plate hole) but I am keeping it even tho' I recently had a clear bra put on it. Not all that impressed with the clear bra or its installation. Much more protection with the factory bra.

The GM bra fits very tightly. Will not flap in the breeze. Has metal tabs sewn in bottom edge to attach. Has tabs to fit around fog lights to attach. Two more tabs per side that attach to framework just past headlights. Has plastic U shaped tabs across top to fit top of bumper facia at Hood line. Snaps on the sides.

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
As mentioned above GM made 2 bras for the Solstice part # 19202136 without front plate and #17803120 with provision to mount a front plate a wide reinforcing strap across the front of the bra .If you don't have the box the only way to tell if it's a genuine GM bra is that they have the Pontiac arrow emblem embossed on the front where it goes over the one on the car . Also they never made a bra for a GXP although I remember some years back a member bought a bra and took it to an upholstery shop and had it modified to cover the lower lip on the GXP . If you go to my album page you can see pictures of my car with both bras on . Don't waste your money on a Covercraft I bought one as a spare and the fit was terrible I've had my car over 100mph :grin: with no flapping at all with the GM bra plus it has a nice tight fit . Good luck in your search they do pop up at times on Ebay .

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First and foremost - thank you very much for your responses!! I've forwarded your information along to the seller I found to see if she can make heads or tails of what bra she has.

Three incredibly helpful responses submitted less than 24 hours after a question was asked. I'm truly lucky to be a part of such an amazing group of car enthusiast!! You guys ROCK!!!!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
If you don't have the box the only way to tell if it's a genuine GM bra is that they have the Pontiac arrow emblem embossed on the front where it goes over the one on the car . .[/QUOTE

you're correct... I just dug mine out again and it does have the Pontiac logo; I missed that

thanks
Bill

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alas.....the bra I found for sale has no Arrowhead. Thanks again to everyone for their input. I most likely would have bought the one I found only to be disappointed that it wasn't a GM bra.

There was a GM one on eBay last month. I just assumed there were a lot of them still out there new....guess not!

Thanks again everyone!

·
Registered
2 Posts
The only ID tags for the bra were on the box it came in. Still have my box hidden away in attic.

I purchased my bra thru Ebay several years ago. Came from a Chevy dealer in Michigan.

BTW...I have a bra with license plate hole available.

I also have the solid bra (no plate hole) but I am keeping it even tho' I recently had a clear bra put on it. Not all that impressed with the clear bra or its installation. Much more protection with the factory bra.

The GM bra fits very tightly. Will not flap in the breeze. Has metal tabs sewn in bottom edge to attach. Has tabs to fit around fog lights to attach. Two more tabs per side that attach to framework just past headlights. Has plastic U shaped tabs across top to fit top of bumper facia at Hood line. Snaps on the sides.
Do you still have the GM Solistice bra available?

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
For what it's worth I've tried to go on sites listed by this outfit oemcats.com a few times looking for parts either they don't have the parts listed ( one seller told me he didn't have the part in stock for years )or the reference site is non existent do yourself a favor and don't waste your time . These GM bra's were a limited production item ie: not a big seller so I have to believe that at this point trying to find a new one from a dealer is going to be next to impossible I have two and have been looking for one for a friend for years with no luck .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts