Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are dealers now accepting GM Card earnings for non-EOP offers? Sorry if this has already been answered and I've missed it.

Okie Sol

·
5,641 Posts
Still to early to know all that might be happening with the GM Card, here is a recap of current status subject to changes when non-1000 first 1000 EOP Solstices start production.

GM Card:

Original Blue/Gold cards. The current prgram runs through September 30, 2005 (Its traditional yearly model year end date). These cards have limited yearly earnings but unlimited redemptions. All 2006 Pontiac models are currently eligible. Exception, the rules for the EOP make the 1000 First 1000 EOP Solstices ineligible.

New GM Card (Copper)/Platinum/Check Cards. The current program also runs through September 30, 2005. These cards have unlimited yearly earnings but have redemption limits which vary by car/truck. Currently no 2006 models are eligible. Any eligible 2006 models will be announced later.

GM Business Cards. All 2006 Pontiac models are cuurently eligible thru program end, September 30, 2005. Again the 1000 First 1000 EOP Solstices are ineligible by program rules.

GM Extended Family Card. All 2006 Pontiac models are currently eligible thru program end September 30, 2005. These are the card that are compatible with GM Employee and GM Supplier Purchase Programs. Since these prgrams were not available for the 1000 First 1000 EOP Solstices, it is the daily double of ineligibility.

All can/will change as production nears and October 1st comes around.

·
Registered
15 Posts
As of 04/30/2005, a maximum of $1,000.00 in GM Card Earnings can be redeemed on a 2006 PONTIAC SOLSTICE.

Just found this at the - Redemption Allowance Lookup Site.

·
5,641 Posts
one2blue said:
As of 04/30/2005, a maximum of $1,000.00 in GM Card Earnings can be redeemed on a 2006 PONTIAC SOLSTICE.

Thats a great sign. If they allow this on the cards with redemption limits, it could also be a sign that they will allow the non-redemption limits older cards to be use. And it leaves plenty of time for GM to tell us dealers before the cars start to arrive.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
one2blue said:

Where did you find this? I'm looking at the gmcard.com site trying to find anyhtign official, but I'm not seeing anything yet.

::EDIT:: Nevermind, I found it.
For those playing at home, go here;
http://www.gmcard.com/GMCard/GMCardServletProcessRunner?USER_ACTION=GMCardBandingPopulate&CallingSiteId=GMCARD&CreativeCd=apply

·
Registered
46 Posts
GM Extended Family

Small Dealer said:
Still to early to know all that might be happening with the GM Card, here is a recap of current status subject to changes when non-1000 first 1000 EOP Solstices start production.

GM Card:

Original Blue/Gold cards. The current prgram runs through September 30, 2005 (Its traditional yearly model year end date). These cards have limited yearly earnings but unlimited redemptions. All 2006 Pontiac models are currently eligible. Exception, the rules for the EOP make the 1000 First 1000 EOP Solstices ineligible.

New GM Card (Copper)/Platinum/Check Cards. The current program also runs through September 30, 2005. These cards have unlimited yearly earnings but have redemption limits which vary by car/truck. Currently no 2006 models are eligible. Any eligible 2006 models will be announced later.

GM Business Cards. All 2006 Pontiac models are cuurently eligible thru program end, September 30, 2005. Again the 1000 First 1000 EOP Solstices are ineligible by program rules.

GM Extended Family Card. All 2006 Pontiac models are currently eligible thru program end September 30, 2005. These are the card that are compatible with GM Employee and GM Supplier Purchase Programs. Since these prgrams were not available for the 1000 First 1000 EOP Solstices, it is the daily double of ineligibility.

All can/will change as production nears and October 1st comes around.
Actually - I have a GM Extended Family Card and am a confirmed 1000 buyer. My Dad is a retiree (which is allowed) under the program. He is not a "current" GM Worker or supplier or dealer. (GM Retirees and family are allowed to purchase one of the 1st 1000). The key word here is current. I plan to use my earnings on the Solstice in August/Sept/Oct. upon delivery. :cool:

·
5,641 Posts
jschimp said:
Actually - I have a GM Extended Family Card and am a confirmed 1000 buyer.

I plan to use my earnings on the Solstice in August/Sept/Oct. upon delivery.
From the EOP dealer rules:
14. Incentive/Allowance Programs:
None. The first 1,000 exclusive retail orders under this program are not eligible for any retail, Dealer or fleet incentives or allowances of any kind, or for purchase or lease under the GM Employee Purchase Programs (including GMO, GMS, EVP and PEP), the Supplier Purchase Program, Driver Education Program, GM Dealership Employee Purchase Program, GM Enhanced Dealership Employee Program or GM Tourist Policy. In addition, retired employee vouchers, Customer Assistance Center Goodwill certificates, and GM Card points may not be used toward the purchase or lease of one of the first 1,000 exclusive retail orders.

Now of course, you could request a check for your earnings from the GM Card people and use the money towards your Solstice. This feature is only available on the GM Extended Family Card.

·
Registered
338 Posts
jschimp said:
Actually - I have a GM Extended Family Card and am a confirmed 1000 buyer. My Dad is a retiree (which is allowed) under the program. He is not a "current" GM Worker or supplier or dealer. (GM Retirees and family are allowed to purchase one of the 1st 1000). The key word here is current. I plan to use my earnings on the Solstice in August/Sept/Oct. upon delivery. :cool:
Being that your Dad is a retiree, you are indeed eligible for 1/1000. However, regardless of whatever incentive is available at the time of delivery, it was already determined via email from Pontiac that there will not be any incentives, rebates, card earnings, or otherwise, allowed for the EOP units. I will paste the email answer on Monday, as it is on my work email.

If your Dad's work status w/ GM, a supplier, or a dealer changes in the near future, as you are implying, than you might be declared ineligible. EOP orders can be cancelled up to (prolly one week proir to) the time of production of the individual's vehicle. Not sure how GM is going to handle this situation, since you will most likely be the only one in that particular situation.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Incentive/Allowance

Small Dealer said:
From the EOP dealer rules:
14. Incentive/Allowance Programs:
None. The first 1,000 exclusive retail orders under this program are not eligible for any retail, Dealer or fleet incentives or allowances of any kind, or for purchase or lease under the GM Employee Purchase Programs (including GMO, GMS, EVP and PEP), the Supplier Purchase Program, Driver Education Program, GM Dealership Employee Purchase Program, GM Enhanced Dealership Employee Program or GM Tourist Policy. In addition, retired employee vouchers, Customer Assistance Center Goodwill certificates, and GM Card points may not be used toward the purchase or lease of one of the first 1,000 exclusive retail orders.

Now of course, you could request a check for your earnings from the GM Card people and use the money towards your Solstice. This feature is only available on the GM Extended Family Card.
That is a great tip. I will request a check for my earnings to be sent to me in August sometime. I do have the Extended Family card - I'd never thought of that route. Thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
46 Posts
conejo148 said:
Being that your Dad is a retiree, you are indeed eligible for 1/1000. However, regardless of whatever incentive is available at the time of delivery, it was already determined via email from Pontiac that there will not be any incentives, rebates, card earnings, or otherwise, allowed for the EOP units. I will paste the email answer on Monday, as it is on my work email.

If your Dad's work status w/ GM, a supplier, or a dealer changes in the near future, as you are implying, than you might be declared ineligible. EOP orders can be cancelled up to (prolly one week proir to) the time of production of the individual's vehicle. Not sure how GM is going to handle this situation, since you will most likely be the only one in that particular situation.
Not expecting my Dad to go back to work after retirement. :lol: I'm going to request a check from my Extended Family GM CARd earnings and go that route. Should work out fine - I'm not worried.

·
5,641 Posts
GM CARD Updated 5/5/05

The updated GM card program for cards with redemption limits is out to the dealers effective 5/5/05. The 2006 Solstice is now there with a $1,000 limit, just as one2blue discovered on the GM Card site itself last weekend. As with all the programs it only runs until September 30th, 2005. But it is a good sign for the future past then, but not a guarantee. And of course the 1000 Frist 1000 Solstice EOP cars are still not eligible.

Here is the updated situations:

GM Card:

New GM Card (Copper)/Platinum/Check Cards. The current program also runs through September 30, 2005. These cards have unlimited yearly earnings but have redemption limits which vary by car/truck. Effective 5/5/05, there are 2006 models listed which include the Solstice with a $1,000 limit. EOP rules make tese cars ineligible.

GM Extended Family Card. All 2006 Pontiac models are currently eligible thru program end September 30, 2005. These are the card that are compatible with GM Employee and GM Supplier Purchase Programs. Since these prgrams were not available for the 1000 First 1000 EOP Solstices, it is the daily double of ineligibility. EOP not eligible for the GM Card earnings or for the Emplyoee/Supplier programs. Although this card does offer a cash back provision which theoretically could be used to get money for a downpayment on a Solstice EOP car if the buyer was a retiree or retiree family member.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Old GM Card

I have had my GM card for a bit over ten years now...ever since they started...back then Ford had a similar card but they cancelled their program. GM card changed their program to the New GM Card which limits the amount you can deduct off a vehicle. I'm on the old GM card where the only deduction limit is 500 dollars a year for a max of 7 years. I I have my card MAXed out at $3500 and plan to put that towards the Solstice, however now I am really concerned. EOP is short for Early Order Program. So...my question is this. Is the GM card redemption excluded for just the first 1000 people or does it include people like myself who didn't make the first 1000 cut. My order was placed shortly after the 2:42 time. Of course the dealer told me that it would be allowed, but now I am wondering if my gm card is ineligible for this order.

·
Registered
34 Posts
First 1000

Seems like the GM Card redemption limitation is only on those people who have one of the first 1000 vehicles, but I obviously need to get this verified by calling Pontiac or the GM Card...but then again I wonder if either will actually know for sure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts