Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to check my GM Card earnings and this is the reply:

As of 05/05/2005, a maximum of $1,000.00 in GM Card Earnings can be redeemed on a 2006 PONTIAC SOLSTICE.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Well that's something I guess. They do tend to give a cap on sports cars (vette is one that comes to mind).

·
5,641 Posts
Delnari said:
Went to check my GM Card earnings and this is the reply:

As of 05/05/2005, a maximum of $1,000.00 in GM Card Earnings can be redeemed on a 2006 PONTIAC SOLSTICE.

You are correct here is the update info cut & pasted from another thread to keep everyone updated:

GM CARD Updated 5/5/05

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The updated GM card program for cards with redemption limits is out to the dealers effective 5/5/05. The 2006 Solstice is now there with a $1,000 limit, just as one2blue discovered on the GM Card site itself last weekend. As with all the programs it only runs until September 30th, 2005. But it is a good sign for the future past then, but not a guarantee. And of course the 1000 Frist 1000 Solstice EOP cars are still not eligible.

Here is the updated situations:

GM Card:

Original Blue/Gold cards. The current prgram runs through September 30, 2005 (Its traditional yearly model year end date). These cards have limited yearly earnings but unlimited redemptions. All 2006 Pontiac models are currently eligible. Exception, the rules for the EOP make the 1000 First 1000 EOP Solstices ineligible.

New GM Card (Copper)/Platinum/Check Cards. The current program also runs through September 30, 2005. These cards have unlimited yearly earnings but have redemption limits which vary by car/truck. Effective 5/5/05, there are 2006 models listed which include the Solstice with a $1,000 limit (simular to the G6, GTO, Vibe, and Torrent for Pontiac). EOP rules make the 1000 First 1000 Sostice cars ineligible.

GM Business Cards. All 2006 Pontiac models are cuurently eligible thru program end, September 30, 2005. Again the 1000 First 1000 EOP Solstices are ineligible by program rules.

GM Extended Family Card. All 2006 Pontiac models are currently eligible thru program end September 30, 2005. These are the card that are compatible with GM Employee and GM Supplier Purchase Programs. Since these prgrams were not available for the 1000 First 1000 EOP Solstices, it is the daily double of ineligibility. EOP not eligible for the GM Card earnings or for the Emplyoee/Supplier programs. Although this card does offer a cash back provision which theoretically could be used to get money for a downpayment on a Solstice EOP car if the buyer was a retiree or retiree family member.

·
Registered
284 Posts
This is awesome news. Maybe this is the reason I didn't get a first 1000; I was being looked out for and now I'll be able to use my earnings to help place my deposit.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I have many credits on my GM card; but can't use them on my first 1,000 car. :( Will probably use them on another one in two years. :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have to express my disappointment that GM is starting to restrict the use of the GM Card points. Does the Capital One commercial about "No, Nyet, Nunka" come to mind. I've been a loyal GM customer and a long-time GM Card user. I don't think they should restrict the use of the points beyond my original agreement with them, which I believe amounted to $750 per year in accumulated points for a maximum of five years or $3,750. I've cashed in about $5,000 in points over the years and have some now I'd like to use for my First 1000. Not devastated, but clearly disappointed in GM here.

·
5,641 Posts
crj1949 said:
I have to express my disappointment that GM is starting to restrict the use of the GM Card points. Does the Capital One commercial about "No, Nyet, Nunka" come to mind. I've been a loyal GM customer and a long-time GM Card user. I don't think they should restrict the use of the points beyond my original agreement with them, which I believe amounted to $750 per year in accumulated points for a maximum of five years or $3,750. I've cashed in about $5,000 in points over the years and have some now I'd like to use for my First 1000. Not devastated, but clearly disappointed in GM here.

What?

If you still have the original Blue card, then the $500 per year earning limit for 7 years haven't changed since it came out in 1992.

If you still have the original Gold card then the current $500 per year earning limit for 7 years (which replaced the original $1,000 per year for 7 years around 1996), is still in place.

There has never been a $750 per year for 5 year earnings program.

The card that restricts earnings usage to $1,000, is the newer copper/platinum cards. Part of their agreement from their first issuance has been restricted redemptions. In exchange for this, these cards give unlimited yearly earnings.

The newest part of the program is that GM Card earnigns are not usable on the 1000 First 1000 Retail Solstice orders. But even that isn't really new, GM from time to time in the past has limited or excluded some cars from being in the program.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here is a question that I hope someone can answer for me! I called the dealership that I have been working with to purchase a solstice I am on the waiting, unfortunately like many the server was down in as he was trying to log in for me to get one of the first 1000. Anyway, does anyone know when I would be able to use a GMS on the solstice? I was told by my salesperson that they are not accepting any discounts on the car per their dealership. Is that company wide or just individual dealerships?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
msmuscle31 said:
Here is a question that I hope someone can answer for me! I called the dealership that I have been working with to purchase a solstice I am on the waiting, unfortunately like many the server was down in as he was trying to log in for me to get one of the first 1000. Anyway, does anyone know when I would be able to use a GMS on the solstice? I was told by my salesperson that they are not accepting any discounts on the car per their dealership. Is that company wide or just individual dealerships?
I believe we've determined GMS is two fold GM and dealership decision. GM can say if it can be used or not, then dealers decide if they want to offer it or not. I believe that's how it works.

·
5,641 Posts
msmuscle31 said:
I called the dealership that I have been working with to purchase a solstice I am on the waiting, unfortunately like many the server was down in as he was trying to log in for me to get one of the first 1000. Anyway, does anyone know when I would be able to use a GMS on the solstice? I was told by my salesperson that they are not accepting any discounts on the car per their dealership. Is that company wide or just individual dealerships?
As brentil has said it is a two step process. First GM makes the call as to what models are eligible for what programs. For example, the 1000 First 1000 Retail Solstice Orders were not available to any one who would qualify for the GM Employee Purchase Program (GMS).

The current GM Employee Purchase Program runs until 9/30/05 (year end date for all year long programs). 2006 models vehicles are eligibile with no exclussions except for Hummer H1.

The second part is that the GM Employee Purchase Program is voluntary on the part of the dealers. They do not have to accept buyers using the program. This is what your dealership is telling you. And it could very well be likely for most other dealerships too.

Reports here are that many dealers received orders excceding their first four months of regular allocation on the Friday after the Apprentice showing. It is therefore unlikely that they will be accepting GM Employee buyers for a while.

You can either try to get your current dealer to commit to when they may accept GM Employee orders, or call/write/email around looking for a dealer that will. Good Luck.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Small Dealer, I'm sure you are right about the limits. I have had a gold card for a very long time, I don't know how long but in 1998 I cashed in more than
$3,000 on a new Bonneville.

I really appreciate the insight you lend to this forum.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts