Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone gotten definitive information from their dealer or another reliable source concerning the ability to use GM Card earnings toward a Solstice? We've heard reports on the forum, but they haven't been from sources that I consider very reliable -- auto show folks and the like.

I've got $3500 on my old GM card that I can apply, and it'll be a real bummer if I can't use the earnings.

Okie Sol
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
This has been talked about on many occasions. But I'll go over the details that should hopefully help prove it again.

This GMCard.com site has the Solstice listed as a Future Car, I don't think it would be on the site if you couldn't use them.
http://www.gmcard.com/GMCard/apply/vehicles/pontiac_gallery.jsp

When you sign up for a GM card on their website, one of the options for the image on your GM Card is the Solstice.
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=725

On that same thread as above I posted my GM Card information packet brochure and highlighted the appropriate info.
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14078&postcount=7

The reason the Solstice doesn't show up currently on the GM Card site is because it's not out yet, and it's a 2006 model.
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
I doubt you will hear any definitive word on GM Card earnings for use on the Solstice until its for sale. I bet there is a limit to the amount you can use, but I see no reason why they would deny them outright on the car. As Brentil has shown, the GM Card has been advertising the Sol.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
Fformula88 said:
I doubt you will hear any definitive word on GM Card earnings for use on the Solstice until its for sale. I bet there is a limit to the amount you can use, but I see no reason why they would deny them outright on the car. As Brentil has shown, the GM Card has been advertising the Sol.
Actually if he has the old GM Card with the old policies governing it he could spend all $3500 on the Solstice. The new cards unfortunately have the stupid $1000 limit for sports cars. :(
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
brentil said:
Actually if he has the old GM Card with the old policies governing it he could spend all $3500 on the Solstice. The new cards unfortunately have the stupid $1000 limit for sports cars. :(
Very true, I didn't think about the old cards.

On a side note, even the limited amount on sports cars is a better deal than what Ford did. Ford dumped their earnings card. I previously had one, and they got out of it, so it simply turned into the "Drivers Edge" Card. The positive side of it is that I can recover the card earnings on any new or used vehicle I buy. The down side is that it usually only earns 2% on purchases instead of the typical 5% Ford and GM had offered. Now that is a rip!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Very true, I didn't think about the old cards.

On a side note, even the limited amount on sports cars is a better deal than what Ford did. Ford dumped their earnings card. I previously had one, and they got out of it, so it simply turned into the "Drivers Edge" Card. The positive side of it is that I can recover the card earnings on any new or used vehicle I buy. The down side is that it usually only earns 2% on purchases instead of the typical 5% Ford and GM had offered. Now that is a rip!
That really does suck.

My mother recently bought a PT Cruiser. They've had a GM card for a long time and have used it on many vehicles. However she was interested in the card they offer. Apparently you can use your points towards Service work and Parts too with the Chrysler card.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,312 Posts
If I remember correctly GM trumpited their card earnings as good against the purchase of any new GM vehicle. If this policy has changed I havn't heard anything of it. Mine might cover most of the sales tax on the Sol!

PAS22
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
PAS22 said:
If I remember correctly GM trumpited their card earnings as good against the purchase of any new GM vehicle. If this policy has changed I havn't heard anything of it. Mine might cover most of the sales tax on the Sol!

PAS22
GM Card is only towards the purchase of a new vehicle. I was commenting on the Crysler Card above.

However I just remembered something else. My mother had gotten a letter from GM saying if she used her GM Card before the end of the month they would double any points she used towards the purchase of the vehicle. So she got like $3000 dealer cash, money she talked them down on the price, their trade in, double GM Card points, and customer loyalty rebate. So I think they actually came out on top owing less then for the 2004 Silvarado they traded in for an all new 2005 Silvarado.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Unfortunately I have the old GM card and can no longer combine it with the GMS supplier discount. Therefore I charge most of my purchases on Discover and not GM. So far I have cashed GM credit in for about $5000 on various vehicle purchases.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks!

Thanks for the info. Sorry for asking something that had been discussed pretty thoroughly. I do have the old card, and the earnings are maxed out, so I'm hoping that I can use all $3500!!

Okie Sol
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
okie_sol said:
Thanks for the info. Sorry for asking something that had been discussed pretty thoroughly. I do have the old card, and the earnings are maxed out, so I'm hoping that I can use all $3500!!

Okie Sol
You should be able to, since the old cards were not limited like the new ones too. If you wait till next Feb too which always seems to be a very high rebate month you could possibly get double your GM Card points too like my mother did. $7,000 off is damn nice.
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
Good luck on the deal Okie-Sol. I hope you can get your points easily, without any hassles!

brentil said:
You should be able to, since the old cards were not limited like the new ones too. If you wait till next Feb too which always seems to be a very high rebate month you could possibly get double your GM Card points too like my mother did. $7,000 off is damn nice.
That was the round up program, wasn't it? I thought they had a maximum limit on the amount you could get. Like they would doublt it up to a maximum of $5000? Or maybe I am thinking of a different program that they ran.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
brentil said:
Actually if he has the old GM Card with the old policies governing it he could spend all $3500 on the Solstice. The new cards unfortunately have the stupid $1000 limit for sports cars. :(
What date does the new card start at?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Card Earnings

brentil said:
Actually if he has the old GM Card with the old policies governing it he could spend all $3500 on the Solstice. The new cards unfortunately have the stupid $1000 limit for sports cars. :(
We've been through this earnings question before...
I called GM two weeks ago. They told me that because I had one of the original "blue" cards, I could use all of my $2100+ credits. Newer cards have limits; older cards do not.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top