Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just catching up with some house cleaning chores.

All the GM Card programs renewed on October 1st. From the first look at them, everthing looks to be the same as last year's programs.

Keep in mind that the programs are still listed as not available on one of the 1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Sosltices.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Wow, another one! :cool: Thanks a bunch, you have been a wealth of information today! :cheers: One more sticky for the top today!

Maybe I'll eventually combine all three into one "update" thread for reference purposes later on (or tack them onto the Sales and Ordering FAQ), but I will leave them seperate and open for comments for now. :)

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
One of those bummers in life, where post F1k delivered prior to F1k get the bonus.

·
Missing my Dad 9/40-5/08
330 Posts
I don't know if my dealer messed up or not, but we were able to use our GM Card earnings on #251 of 1000. I don't know how we were able to, but I'm glad we could. We even got the GM thank you card in the mail for using our earnings.

·
Registered
90 Posts
JMS-MES said:
I don't know if my dealer messed up or not, but we were able to use our GM Card earnings on #251 of 1000. I don't know how we were able to, but I'm glad we could. We even got the GM thank you card in the mail for using our earnings.
Wish you the best of luck there. If the dealer isn't paid on this, it may take them some time to realize it. If they do, don't be surprised to get a bill or be contacted by the dealer. SD can probably give more info.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Remo said:
Wish you the best of luck there. If the dealer isn't paid on this, it may take them some time to realize it. If they do, don't be surprised to get a bill or be contacted by the dealer. SD can probably give more info.
Geez, don't try to worry the guy. If the GM Card folks approved it, there's about zero chance they're going to come back later and change their minds. As I understand the GM Card program (from having once used my earnings once to help my father buy a Chevy), the dealer basically calls GM and says, "I've got a customer here who wants to use a GM Card rebate to purchase X vehicle." The customer's card number is then provided. The GM Card folks either authorize the rebate on the spot or they don't. If they authorized it, both the dealer and the customer can pretty much take that to the bank.

·
Missing my Dad 9/40-5/08
330 Posts
Aardvark said:
Geez, don't try to worry the guy. If the GM Card folks approved it, there's about zero chance they're going to come back later and change their minds. As I understand the GM Card program (from having once used my earnings once to help my father buy a Chevy), the dealer basically calls GM and says, "I've got a customer here who wants to use a GM Card rebate to purchase X vehicle." The customer's card number is then provided. The GM Card folks either authorize the rebate on the spot or they don't. If they authorized it, both the dealer and the customer can pretty much take that to the bank.
Those are the exact steps that our credit lady at the dealership did. We've even gotten our GM statement that shows the $$ having been used. I guess we just got lucky. No worries here.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Can't Believe This...

GM Card Earnings told me in April that all my card earnings would apply to the purchase of my solstice. Then, with the apprentice gimmick, everyone on this forum AND gm card earnings said that I could not use them for a 1st K model. I was so mad I bought the car anyway and have it stored in my garage for sale, and am waiting for a dealer allotment car to use the earnings with. Now someone is saying GM let them use their earnings on their 1st K????
I have been saving up earnings on this card for 9 1/2 years, have waited 3 1/2 years to use it to purchase a solstice, only to get shut down. Once this whole mess gets over, it most likely will be my last dealings with GM (that's after having previously owned 14 of their products). How can such a company be so mixed up???

·
Registered
17 Posts
Gm Card Earnings

Aardvark said:
My dealership had a piece of paper which said I was approved, including authorization number, to use my $3,300+ earnings toward the Solstice. Two hours before I was supposed to pick up my car the next day, I received a call from the dealership. GM had cancelled the approval!!! My dealership said that if they had put it through before the approval was cancelled, GM would have come back to them for the $3,300. So, they can come back and cancel the approval and did in my case!!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
TR6 said:
GM Card Earnings told me in April that all my card earnings would apply to the purchase of my solstice. Then, with the apprentice gimmick, everyone on this forum AND gm card earnings said that I could not use them for a 1st K model. I was so mad I bought the car anyway and have it stored in my garage for sale, and am waiting for a dealer allotment car to use the earnings with. Now someone is saying GM let them use their earnings on their 1st K????
I have been saving up earnings on this card for 9 1/2 years, have waited 3 1/2 years to use it to purchase a solstice, only to get shut down. Once this whole mess gets over, it most likely will be my last dealings with GM (that's after having previously owned 14 of their products). How can such a company be so mixed up???
It's your dealer, not GM. This is the exact reason for my earlier post. It is unfortunate that GM loses loyal customers due to some few dealers' lack of information. People can understand a shifty dealer in other negotiations, but they tend to mistakenly hold GM responsible when the Card is at issue, and let their misinforming dealer off the hook for their promises. An authorization number is only proof that those Earnings are reserved for that dealer for the time being- until later claimed, when it is confirmed that the car is eligible. The dealers that participated in the First 1000 program were explicitly advised in their materials of the GM Card restriction. When redeeming the Earnings, it is the DEALERS responsibility to verify the vehicle is eligible before requesting the redemption. As part of the process they are required to acknowledge as much. A lot goes into the system to try and prevent these errors, but it is possible for a an authorization number to be issued initially- when the dealer later finalizes the process they may get a rejection on a used or other ineligible vehicle.

My advice? Don't fly off the handle because of an ignorant dealer. It is truly terrible that you were misinformed out of a lot of money. It'd be a shame to deny yourself a new classic roadster out of misplaced spite.

·
Registered
90 Posts
JO ANN O said:
My dealership had a piece of paper which said I was approved, including authorization number, to use my $3,300+ earnings toward the Solstice. Two hours before I was supposed to pick up my car the next day, I received a call from the dealership. GM had cancelled the approval!!! My dealership said that if they had put it through before the approval was cancelled, GM would have come back to them for the $3,300. So, they can come back and cancel the approval and did in my case!!!
See my other post. Auth# is not equal to the dealer getting reimbursed, just means they requested the funds and were advised that the vehicle must be eligible for them to get paid. GM didn't cancel the "approval", they just advised the dealer that the did what the agreed they would not do- request a redemption/auth# on an ineligible vehicle. Every dealer that participated in the program received explicit instructions that GM Card Earnings were not allowed. Do you hold the Dealer responsible for the $3300 you were told you could use?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Just catching up with some house cleaning chores.

All the GM Card programs renewed on October 1st. From the first look at them, everthing looks to be the same as last year's programs.

Keep in mind that the programs are still listed as not available on one of the 1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Sosltices.
Could use some input on this.....

·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Remo said:
It's your dealer, not GM.

It is unfortunate that GM loses loyal customers due to some few dealers' lack of information.

People can understand a shifty dealer in other negotiations, but they tend to mistakenly hold GM responsible when the Card is at issue, and let their misinforming dealer off the hook for their promises.

Don't fly off the handle because of an ingnorant dealer. It is truly terrible that you were misinformed out of a lot of money.

It'd be a shame to deny yourself a new classic roadster out of misplaced spite.
Not may not be the dealership this time around.

TR6 has never mentioned that his dealership was misinformed. Since the first posts (which predate any Solstice being eligible for any GM Card program), it has always been the GM Card Assistance Center vendors that have been implicated.

And since a second Solstice (that would be GM Card earnings eligible) was ordered the end of May or very early in June, the only person that was denied anything was the next person on the wait list for one of the 1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Solstices.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Gm Card Earnings

Remo said:
See my other post. Auth# is not equal to the dealer getting reimbursed, just means they requested the funds and were advised that the vehicle must be eligible for them to get paid. GM didn't cancel the "approval", they just advised the dealer that the did what the agreed they would not do- request a redemption/auth# on an ineligible vehicle. Every dealer that participated in the program received explicit instructions that GM Card Earnings were not allowed. Do you hold the Dealer responsible for the $3300 you were told you could use?
No, I don't hold the dealership responsible. I had discussed whether or not the GM card earnings would be eligible on my card with the GM Card Support Center. I had REPEATEDLY been given the wrong information. When I talked to the TEAM LEADER on the day I picked up my car, he could see in my record that I had called several times and had been given incorrect information. I had talked about being one of the First 1000. Apparently, they forgot to tell the people at GM Card Earnings Center that the F1K cars were not eligible!

·
Registered
90 Posts
JO ANN O said:
No, I don't hold the dealership responsible. I had discussed whether or not the GM card earnings would be eligible on my card with the GM Card Support Center. I had REPEATEDLY been given the wrong information. When I talked to the TEAM LEADER on the day I picked up my car, he could see in my record that I had called several times and had been given incorrect information. I had talked about being one of the First 1000. Apparently, they forgot to tell the people at GM Card Earnings Center that the F1K cars were not eligible!
First, I'm really sorry that this happened to you, it really is terrible that the system allows stuff like that to occur. I'm glad SmallDealer is in on the conversation.

This is an important issue also noted in SmallDealer's post- the GM card customer service department doesn't know a single thing about how to redeem or what any of the rules are -they only seem to work on your credit card account like any other credit card company. It is absolutely critical that you talk to the correct department, or you will get made-up info. When you call, you get the option to talk to the redemption department or the customer service department among all the options. You absolutely have to talk to the Redemption Center for accurate information, since that's who does the redemptions. Seems like a small group that does it. I suppose it's possible the redemtion people gave you the bad info, but I got the right info when I called the first time. Unfortunately, I find the regular customer service will be happy to advise you how you can redeem your earnings on just about anything if it just makes ya happy and you go away.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Not may not be the dealership this time around.

TR6 has never mentioned that his dealership was misinformed. Since the first posts (which predate any Solstice being eligible for any GM Card program), it has always been the GM Card Assistance Center vendors that have been implicated.

And since a second Solstice (that would be GM Card earnings eligible) was ordered the end of May or very early in June, the only person that was denied anything was the next person on the wait list for one of the 1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Solstices.
As we are finding, regular cust service=bad info. the redemption people= good info, so I can see a lot of people who call cust service could've gotten bad info. I agree it's a huge, legitimate complaint if customer service gives erroneous information. The correct place to call may not be obvious to everybody, but it's the redemption department.

I understand that information sent to all dealers participating in the first 1000 thing were advised that GM cards were not able to redeem, correct? So every dealer who redeems on a first 1000 Solstice would be mistaken, correct? Are dealers not responsible for knowing the rules? I dont comprehend your "2nd Solstice" example above.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Sept 19th I payed for my car utilizing ~$2900 in credit from my GM card. My salesman brought it up first that points can be used for the first 1000. I doubted him and asked him to call the GM card. He did and it was approved over the phone. I have since received written CONFERMATION. My statement shows the above credit allowed.
Of course it only pertains to COOl/Ebony cars :lol:

Also, I was getting quite a few high beam blinks so I adjusted the beams down 2 turns.

Am getting..give or take..an avg. of 26mpg with pull away starts and have 630 miles on odom.

·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Remo said:
I dont comprehend your "2nd Solstice" example above.
I was pointing out that TR6 had already ordered a second Solstice back in May, so he could use his earnings on it. Your post gave the impression that you were not aware of this. I was just trying to fill you that TR6 will not be denied the enjoyment of a "new classic roadster".

·
Registered
32 Posts
You people are wrong... read on...

REMO AND smallDEALER:
I never said I blamed the dealer for not getting me my card earnings. I blame GM because I am holding a letter from "ALISON FRITZIUS, CUSTOMER REALTIONSHIP MANAGER, GM CARDMEMBER SERVICES REDEMPTION CENTER" THAT SAYS, "...YOU CAN USE THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF EARNINGS TOWARD THE VEHICLE. ONCE THE SOLSTICE BECOMES AVAILABLE, PLEASE HAVE YOUR DEALER REDEEM YOUR EARNINGS VIA THE AUTOMATED PHONE SYSTEM OR ONLINE...." This is $3,525 - $3,600 depending on which statement I look at in the last 4 months.
The letter is dated April 14, 2005 - that's why I went ahead with this whole apprentice gimmick thing. But, nobody at card earnings will honor this commitment or let me talk with someone about this letter. So, the thing is for sale and I'm waiting for the allotment car to arrive. And she's drop-dead-gorgeous! My 2nd one is also red, loaded, same options. At this rate there will be 2 in the garage, side-by-side.
What a feeling to have something like this in my garage, only driven home from the dealerhip, with 38 miles on her! My friends and I just go out there to stare at her and watch her blush (please 'no touching').

1 - 20 of 29 Posts