Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
5,641 Posts
As far as Pontiac is concerned, the Red Tag Event selling price formula isn't that much different the what you could buy one (excluding Solstice) for any way. A bonus rebate ended on 2005 models when the plan started, so they are more expensive. On the 2006 side most things stayed at the same level, except Vibe which went down again.

The deal potential is on large SUVs and pickups, it looks like.

Yes, MSG McKee was correct the Solstice is excluded from the Red Tag formula price.

·
1,492 Posts
Thanks!

Small Dealer said:
As far as Pontiac is concerned, the Red Tag Event selling price formula isn't that much different the what you could buy one (excluding Solstice) for any way. A bonus rebate ended on 2005 models when the plan started, so they are more expensive. On the 2006 side most things stayed at the same level, except Vibe which went down again.

The deal potential is on large SUVs and pickups, it look slike.
Thanks for keeping us updated SD

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Small Dealer said:

The deal potential is on large SUVs and pickups, it looks like.

Yes, MSG McKee was correct the Solstice is excluded from the Red Tag formula price.
hey small dealer car went to 3400 nov 5 dealer says no production date yet on the computer someone says they are not giving production dates on the solstice says it goes to 3800 is my car getting built now? thanks if you can answer my question

·
5,641 Posts
dave clancy said:
hey small dealer car went to 3400 nov 5 dealer says no production date yet on the computer someone says they are not giving production dates on the solstice says it goes to 3800 is my car getting built now? thanks if you can answer my question
Event code #3400-Broadcast is the last step before production. Usually car is built within two weeks of it.

GM announced in early June that they would be not publishing Target Production Weeks for new launch vehicles, such as the Pontiac Solstice and Toorent. So the dealership is right, one day they will go into VOMS or Dealer Work Bench to check and your order will be listed as event code #3800-Produced.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Small Dealer said:
Event code #3400-Broadcast is the last step before production. Usually car is built within two weeks of it.

GM announced in early June that they would be not publishing Target Production Weeks for new launch vehicles, such as the Pontiac Solstice and Toorent. So the dealership is right, one day they will go into VOMS or Dealer Work Bench to check and your order will be listed as event code #3800-Produced.
thanks for the information :)

·
Registered
474 Posts
At what code can they get your Vin#? Our dealer called GM last week and was told our car was being built that week. He said that he should be able to give us our Vin# this week....

Thanks

·
5,641 Posts
Solitud said:
At what code can they get your Vin#? Our dealer called GM last week and was told our car was being built that week. He said that he should be able to give us our Vin# this week....

Thanks

Event code #3800-Produced is the first time the VIN will show up in VOMS or Dealer Work Bench.

·
5,641 Posts
calsolstice said:
Is the invoice issued at 3800? I suppose that is the point when you can complete the paperwork with the dealer.
No. Invoicing is a seperate step, Event code #4150. The invoice is sent electronically to the dealership. But that is still not the "complete" paperwork.

After invoicing the Manufacturers Certificate of Origin (MSO or CO) is produced. The is the "title" or ownership transfer document. This is mailed to most if not all dealerships and will take several days.

So you will have to wait at least until then to "complete" the paperwork.

Although, I almost always wait for the actual car to show up at the dealership before I go to far with paperwork. I will get loan approval and prepare some of the paperwork, but I wouldn't sign installment contracts or get plates, or even complete the MSO transfer section.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Although, I almost always wait for the actual car to show up at the dealership before I go to far with paperwork. I will get loan approval and prepare some of the paperwork, but I wouldn't sign installment contracts or get plates, or even complete the MSO transfer section.
I do the same with tractors I sell, just to make sure that all the numbers match. Strange things do happen.

·
Registered
39 Posts
# 726 Sold?

Did you really sell your Solstice? I read you had to "let it go"! Just thought I'd ask as # 725 is a dream with 910 miles on it now. This car is FUN to drive and it really handles well too. I, of course, will not drive it in the rain or snow as I have a Montana for that. Sorry to hear you let it go.
Ron from Ohio, # 725 Aggressive with almost everything, except the stock JUNK radio.

·
Registered
667 Posts
There is a Solstice discount available!

Small Dealer said:
...Yes, MSG McKee was correct the Solstice is excluded from the Red Tag formula price.
This not exactly true. Small Dealer if you check, there is a $500.00 discount available to previous GM owners. :yesnod: This discount is available until 01/03/06 on in-stock cars. See attachment.

Attachments

·
5,641 Posts
Chip said:
This not exactly true. Small Dealer if you check, there is a $500.00 discount available to previous GM owners. :yesnod: This discount is available until 01/03/06 on in-stock cars. See attachment.
What I posted was that the Solstice is excluded from the Red Tag formula price. Which is true.

What you posted was a copy of a certificate going to 1.4 Million pre-selected current owners of Mid-Size and Full-Size GM SUVs. This private offer program takes place during the Red Tag Event but is not the Red Tag Event

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Chip - What website did you get that in. I found something similar to that in the Canadian market.

I know that a mailer is going out to select previous GM owners. To my knowledge there is not another program out yet.

·
Registered
667 Posts
dealernut said:
Chip - What website did you get that in. I found something similar to that in the Canadian market.

I know that a mailer is going out to select previous GM owners. To my knowledge there is not another program out yet.
dealernut;It's out! I got mine from my dealer/ GM in the mail today.
Small Dealer; Sorry I should have pointed out it was not part of the red tag sale, but it is a discount. Not too bad either. :yesnod:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts