Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2nd post on the forum, please forgive my ignorance. From your kind responses to my first post I learned that with the 15 psi max boost I was seeing, I had no tune. A little background - I got my 2009 GXP about a year ago. Previous owner had installed GM Cold air intake. We had no issues with the car until a few weeks ago the CEL came on. The car still seemed to perform okay. We took it the GM dealer and they said they pulled a couple codes, P0106 - Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor and P0556 - Brake Booster sensor. They found that there was a Bosch MAP sensor and an extra wire to a non-stock F-connector. $450.00 and a stock MAP sensor and harness/ F- connector later I'm out the door. Car now shows ZERO boost all the time. Seems to run okay. Is it obvious when the turbo's not working? Does zero boost mean no turbo? Was this aftermarket MAP sensor and 4wire harness part of some kind of performance upgrade? It maybe all in my head, but the car doesn't seem quite as quick as it was before. The tech also mentioned that the intake filter was installed with the filter too low in the engine compartment and might be susceptible to moisture when driving the car in the rain. I did get caught in he rain when the CEL came on. Don't know that he car had been in the rain before that.
Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for any help.
KC

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Sounds like they replaced gmpp map sensor with an oem one, now there's two sensors under the hood(on the intake manifold and cold ic pipe), did they replace both of them or just one? If the car has a dealer installed gmpp tune and has one bosch sensor and one stock one then you'll have boost issues, the dealer should of replaced it with a bosch sensor rather than the oem one... unless this was a diy install with one bosch sensor and an hptuners tune.

Take a pic of how the gm intake is installed, it only goes in one way unless the install was butchered.

·
Premium Member
10,474 Posts
Also take pictures of both MAP sensors and we can tell you what they are.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts