Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping to get to post more then this but at least this is something.
GM Dealer World website has been updated with images of the Radio. I was hoping for an image of the other wheel choice too but it's not there yet.
http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2006&regionID=1&divisionID=7&type=0&vehicleID=2053&section=radios&page=&butID=5

They also now have the fairly full 2006 linup available now. So instead of going through 2005 car information you can go through 2006. For other model line ups too.
http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/

Images below are U1C, US8, US9.
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also the Cobalt SS (non-supercharged) is showing up again in the system with the 2.4L VVT ECOTEC engine.
Horsepower [email protected] rpm
Kilowatts(kW) [email protected] rpm
Torque (lb.-ft.) [email protected] rpm
Newton - Meters (N-m) [email protected] rpm
Pretty cool too, all the LS4 powered cars are showing up. Along with the revised E85 3500 engine "3.5L 3500 V6 SFI, includes E85 flexible fuel (gas ethanol) capability."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
403 Posts
G6 Sedan is showing as having the 2.4L as well . . . hope they get huge sales increase with the addition of the four banger.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SteveB said:
Yes but what does the N87 wheel look like. Is it the same just painted silver?
No official information on what this wheel will look like.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
515 Posts
SteveB said:
Yes but what does the N87 wheel look like. Is it the same just painted silver?
I stopped and looked at a Bonneville GXP with the 18" painted aluminum wheels at my dealer today. It is the N87. You can probably find better pics, but this one is from the pontiac website. It's a nice looking finish.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
mceb said:
Looks like all 3 radios have the iPod external jack. :cool:
Interesting. I upgraded to the MP3 player radio but was given the explanation; "The normal radio/CD player accepts only the regular
CD format. With the upgrade to the MP3 and the MP3 6CD changer, the capability was to allow MP3 formated music as copied from a computer and not normally playalbe in a normal CD player." Hence the MP3 CD player will accept this format. I asked specifically about the capability to plug in a MP3 player (iPod) and was advised that this was NOT what the MP3 was for. It would be interesting to know the facts. Will keep reading herein as it will surely reveal itself soon enough.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
763 Posts
well the ipod sends a direct audio signal to the aux port so there is no mp3 reading needed, however, if you wish to make an mp3 cd that you can store hundreds of songs on and play in your cd player... without an ipod.. you need the mp3 radio
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Chris said:
I stopped and looked at a Bonneville GXP with the 18" painted aluminum wheels at my dealer today. It is the N87. You can probably find better pics, but this one is from the pontiac website. It's a nice looking finish.
:agree: It is a nice looking finish. I think this wheel looks better than the polished wheel against the Sly paint. If I were going for Mysterious or Aggressive then I would probably get the polished.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,691 Posts
Frosty said:
G6 Sedan is showing as having the 2.4L as well . . . hope they get huge sales increase with the addition of the four banger.
That model is supposedly targeted to fleet and rental applications. I4=cheap wheels.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,691 Posts
mcbman said:
Okay, what is the PEG STAIRSTEP listed under Ordering Info?
I think Preferred or Production Equipment Group. But as I said the nice person that called last Friday I do not work for nor am related to anyone that does work for GM or a dealer. Has anyone read the fine print on the dealerworld sit
THIS MATERIAL IS NOT LEGALLY APPROVED FOR USE IN ANY ADVERTISING. IT IS INTENDED FOR USE BY DEALERSHIP EMPLOYEES ONLY AND IS NOT TO BE DISSEMINATED TO, OR REVIEWED BY, CONSUMERS.
:lol: I know exactly now where my son who is studying business intelligence can get a job. :lol: But not until after I get my Sol.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
bcbriggs said:
Interesting. I upgraded to the MP3 player radio but was given the explanation; "The normal radio/CD player accepts only the regular
CD format. With the upgrade to the MP3 and the MP3 6CD changer, the capability was to allow MP3 formated music as copied from a computer and not normally playalbe in a normal CD player." Hence the MP3 CD player will accept this format. I asked specifically about the capability to plug in a MP3 player (iPod) and was advised that this was NOT what the MP3 was for. It would be interesting to know the facts. Will keep reading herein as it will surely reveal itself soon enough.
Your understanding is same as mine. Base radio only plays store-bought CDs while others play MP3 CDs which I assume are formatted via a computer? The external jack should be universal so any device that has an output (RCA jack?) that can plug in should be good to go. GM specifically mentioned iPod in an article a while back.

Below is a pic of the radio with iPod hooked in.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
mceb said:
The external jack should be universal so any device that has an output (RCA jack?) that can plug in should be good to go.
It is an 1/8" (4 mm) Stereo Mini connection (similar to headphone jack). All you need is an 1/8" Male-to-Male cable to connect. Plug one end into the headphone jack on your audio equipment (MP3 player, Sat Radio, etc.) and the other into the AUX jack on the car stereo and you are ready to go. According to the manual, the unit will automatically switch to the AUX audio output when a device is connected, so no need to worry about switching inputs. If your device has different outputs, there are adaptors out there. Just visit your local RadioShack. Don't drive INTO the store, though! (See http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2379 )
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top