1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from fastlane GM blogs Aug. 26th

By Tom Kowaleski
GM Vice President, Communications

Thanks for all the response to my Pebble Beach weekend. I see we have some more bona-fide Solstice owners writing in, and I want you to know we appreciate your continued enthusiasm and completely understand your frustration and concerns.

First, thanks for your business as there's a lot of choice in the market today and you spent your money with us - a sign of your brilliance I might add! Second, I know we have an obligation to let you know what's going on with your cars. So here's what's happening. Since you are among the first owners, and we're just beginning production, we are taking extra care to make sure every car that leaves the Wilmington plant meets our quality expectations. Daily, truck loads of Solstices (Solsti?!) are departing for dealerships around the country.

Each of these cars is being carefully built and in so doing, we're taking extra time to make sure all is just right. We're paying special attention to fits and finishes, interior materials and trim, and all elements of the car's operation. And when each is ready, it's immediately shipped. Just as with any new build process, we know that as we ramp up production, our ability to do this more quickly will increase. However, at this time, we feel it's better to take the time to ensure your Solstice leaves the factory ready to run and perform at the level we intended.

The Pontiac marketing team, as noted in previous posts on this blog, continues to communicate with owners, particularly the first 1000. But they can’t get the cars out of Wilmington any faster, and they’re doing their best to explain the careful manner in which the ramp-up is proceeding that I just outlined. As they’ve pointed out, your dealer will be the best source of up-to-date information about each individual delivery. Just know that they’re rolling out as fast as we can get them out, while still meeting our (and your) very high standards.

Sorry if we are frustrating you; believe me: we are just as eager to get these cars on the road as you are. But our sole goal is to ensure you'll be a delighted owner. We want the love affair to get off on the right foot, and last. Thanks for your patience.

Posted by Editor at August 26, 2005 01:50 PM

·
Registered
33 Posts
That's B.S. Sorry for my negative vibes. I just don't believe anything anymore. Trying to limit my time on the forum so I don't get upset any further. I'm just not a believer in GM, Pontiac, my current dealership, etc. Again, sorry for the negative vibes.

·
Read Only
3,468 Posts
cadillacricket said:
what's the date today?
CC,

Today is the 27th. (I just happened to hit that blog yesterday and post it here.) Don't take Rodeo too seriously. I'd rather have repeats than no notice whatsoever.

Thanks again for _ALL_ your posts! :yesnod:

--Chemist

·
4,592 Posts
Chemist said:
CC,

Today is the 27th. (I just happened to hit that blog yesterday and post it here.) Don't take Rodeo too seriously. I'd rather have repeats than no notice whatsoever.

Thanks again for _ALL_ your posts! :yesnod:

--Chemist
Never take Rodeo too seriously!

Did I need a J/K in there???

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
CeeLo said:
That's B.S. Sorry for my negative vibes. I just don't believe anything anymore. Trying to limit my time on the forum so I don't get upset any further. I'm just not a believer in GM, Pontiac, my current dealership, etc. Again, sorry for the negative vibes.
Then why post at all?

For that matter why be intersted in a Solstice if you "don't believe" in the company making it. I have never owned a GM vehicle, but AM wiling to give them a chance based upon the design of the Solstice. How many people even care that Mazda has updated the Miata? They are not under the same scrutiny.

·
Read Only
3,468 Posts
RODEO said:
Never take Rodeo too seriously!

Did I need a J/K in there???

No. _I_ needed a :lol: after my admonition to not take you too seriously. :lol:

I feel certain EVERYONE knew you were not being rude. After all, this _is_ the Solstice Forum, not some dark alley where people just say what they will! :glol:

Now, let's all sing a chorus of "Kum By Yah" and have nice :grouphug:

:lol: :glol: :lol:

--Chemist

1 - 8 of 8 Posts