Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
It might be of interest to note that GM has removed the GTO from the program for July. In June, only the Corvette was exluded.

People all over still keep talking about what a bust the GTO is, when in reality the 2005 model has been a huge hit. Sales are up around 80% year to date this year from last year, and a few weeks ago GM hinted that the '05 GTO is close to being sold out.

So much for being a flop. A set of hood scoops and 50 HP made a difference, but I think more importantly, it just took some time for word to get around on them.

Resale values of the 2004's seem to be doing well too. I bet there are people who bought 2004's last December who could turn a profit on them if they sold right now!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The ‘GM Employee Discount for Everyone’ includes all 2005 GM cars and trucks, except for Chevrolet Corvette, Pontiac GTO
Yes, good catch :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Maybe if they keep doing it long enough we can get the EMployee Discount on the Solstice... :lol:

Just like the Corvette and now GTO, if they continue doing this even longer I bet it'll have a little addon saying "not valid with the Solstice," especially since it's a 2006 MY and the program only applies to 2005 MY.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Fformula88 said:
People all over still keep talking about what a bust the GTO is, when in reality the 2005 model has been a huge hit. Sales are up around 80% year to date this year from last year, and a few weeks ago GM hinted that the '05 GTO is close to being sold out.

See what putting an LS2 into a car can do, it can make something as bad looking as the GTO a good buy. Maybe GM might want to put an LS2 into the GXP version of the Solstice too. If they can sell the '05 GTO for under $34K then they could sell the GXP Solstice for under that price...

·
Registered
763 Posts
i will oppose that bad looking statement, however, it is true that they arent as good looking as my sol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts