Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know anything about whether or not the GM employee discount applies to the Solstice? My dealer doesn't says no, but I think he might have thought I was referring to the dicount everyone was getting for '05s this year.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The G.M.S. discount does apply for people who used to work for G.M. or their family but the dealer does not have to honor it.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I believe there is a GM employee price for Solstices after the first 1000 promotion. However, your dealer is not obligated to sell one for the employee price. So when he says no, he may just be saying he won't sell you one with the employee discount.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Yea, post-first1000 it's at dealer discretion so on a low volume sports car they may chose to maximize their take on every car and not participate.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Fortimir said:
I assume you are talking about ACTUAL employee discount, and not the promotion (which was for 2005 models only).
Yup, the real employee discount. Promotion was only for 2005 left-overs.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SPIROB said:
The G.M.S. discount does apply for people who used to work for G.M. or their family but the dealer does not have to honor it.
Ok. I didn't know the dealer had the option. That sucks. The markup isn't very much anyway, but it might have made up for the stereo upgrade that I added yesterday after reading everyone's complaints about the sound system.

·
Registered
169 Posts
So.... the dealer doesn't have to honor the employee discount for 'real' GM employees. That doesn't seem right. :cuss:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts