Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just catching up on a few things.

The GM Employee Purchase Program or "GMS" as it is refered to renewed on October 1st. Quick look at the guidelines show no changes. Solstice would be considered an eligible vehicle subjest to dealership acceptance of the program.

One thing of interest though. GM sponsors a similar program, the GM Dealership Employee Purchase Program, for (yes you guessed it) dealership employees. Under the new year guidelines, any Solstice purchased under the program must be retained by the buyer (dealership employee) for two years.
UPDATE It has now been reported in another thread that the GM Supplier Purhcase Program is also showing a 2 year retention period for the Solstice.

There has been provision like this in the GM Employee Program before that included the GTO, Corvette, and maybe the XLR.

Anyone thinking of trying to use, or actually using the GMS program may want to check and see if this applies to the them also. Then think about how this may effect you.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Thanks Small Dealer. I'll stick this one too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good Luck

I have called seventeen or more dealers about buying the Solstice with supplier pricing-no one in the Midwest seems willing to sell it at such a low price.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Someone - here in Michigan did get GMS pricing. I can't remember his ID, you might be able to find it if you search.

I don't think he's been around much since getting his Solstice :yesnod:

:leaving: can't blame him

·
Registered
229 Posts
dave clancy said:
I dont think any one has gotten the gms price on the solstice if they have please post it :willy:
My dealer is going to sell me mine at GMS.

·
Registered
158 Posts
MAKsys said:
Someone - here in Michigan did get GMS pricing. I can't remember his ID, you might be able to find it if you search.

I don't think he's been around much since getting his Solstice :yesnod:

:leaving: can't blame him
Hi MAKsys - I don't know if you mean me, but I indeed did get a GM Supplier Discount, which was a decision that my dealer decided to honor, and I also was able to use my entire GM Card points with no cap on the amount because I have one of the original GM Cards from way back when it first started. :yesnod: Subtract both of these discounts from the MSRP and life is good !! :) Now, if only the weather would cooperate - my Sol's been in the garage since the day I picked it up - it currently has 38 miles on it. :(

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
CS - I forgot about your supplier discount ( :thumbs: ).

There was someone else that got the GMS discount - just can't remember who.

I wouldn't suggest top-down driving, but as soon as mine comes in (short of freezing rain or sleet) I'm driving it.

BTW - I'm planning to take her through the Hines Drive (Wayne County Light show) with the top DOWN and the heater on FULL :lol:

.. got ya' thinkin about it, huh?

·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CableStooge said:
Hi MAKsys - I don't know if you mean me, but I indeed did get a GM Supplier Discount, which was a decision that my dealer decided to honor, and I also was able to use my entire GM Card points with no cap on the amount because I have one of the original GM Cards from way back when it first started. :yesnod: Subtract both of these discounts from the MSRP and life is good !! :) Now, if only the weather would cooperate - my Sol's been in the garage since the day I picked it up - it currently has 38 miles on it. :(
I don't think you get to complain about the weather. :)

After all you got a the discounted sale price (technically not a discount off MSRP, but a preset purchase price) for the GM Supplier Purchase program and used your Blue/Gold GM Card earnings. Two incompatible programs. So the dealership took a double hit for you.

Those that paid MSRP or MSRP+ and didn't get to use discounts, get first shot at weather related complaints. :lol:

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
My dealer will let me get the GM discount, if its available. I think I might qualify for it but not sure yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Smokin: good luck, I talked to you dealer two days ago, he was suppose to call back, but I haven't heard from him
Deacon: where is your dealer located and what is his name?
I am trying to find someone willing to honor the discount, but after calling about twenty dealers across five states I will tell everyone if you can find a dealer who will honor the discount, get it in writing and congrats. I think I am going to order on Saturday discount or not, I need this ordered by Xmas

·
Registered
20 Posts
Gms

I was going to get a discount .Salesman said to her knowledge . But i would not get it till spring. I just picked up a Black w/ebony Loaded for regular price (not bumped but not gms either. BUT I HAVE IT! It was from a cancellation VIN 5145

·
Registered
229 Posts
Ryan's SLYSOL said:
Smokin: good luck, I talked to you dealer two days ago, he was suppose to call back, but I haven't heard from him
Deacon: where is your dealer located and what is his name?
I am trying to find someone willing to honor the discount, but after calling about twenty dealers across five states I will tell everyone if you can find a dealer who will honor the discount, get it in writing and congrats. I think I am going to order on Saturday discount or not, I need this ordered by Xmas
I ordered at Conkle Pontiac in Kokomo, Indiana. The way it looks right now, I will be getting my solstice next spring. I am number 13 on their list, and the last time I checked, they had over 20 on the list. So if you order from them, it will take you awhile to get it.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Kevlar said:
I was going to get a discount .Salesman said to her knowledge . But i would not get it till spring. I just picked up a Black w/ebony Loaded for regular price (not bumped but not gms either. BUT I HAVE IT! It was from a cancellation VIN 5145

The sales manager a friend of mine said the same thing. It might not be till spring. If I have a discount left he will honor it.

Ryan's Slysol....I m surprised he has not called back. You might want to try calling again. I would wait till after 2 oclock or so.

·
Registered
43 Posts
GMS Pricing

I have had my Sly on order since April 16th. The dealer had agreed to sell it for GMS but had to wait until the full MSRP cars came in. I have been told I should get my Sly by April. Been waiting due to the chrome wheels being on hold or shortage. Patiently waiting. :)

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
dave clancy said:
I dont think any one has gotten the gms price on the solstice if they have please post it :willy:
I did :D

·
Registered
884 Posts
GMS is not that bad a deal for a GM dealer--just like A Plan sales to Ford employees. The dealer is paid a fairly good amount from GM for handling and they can still try steal the trade and mess you over if you fall asleep in the F & I office. Given the discount for this car is not that great (10.4% if I remember correctly) the dealer is not giving up that much but he still would make more selling at MSRP. Across the board with the new GM Value Pricing, the dealer discount (profit) for most GM vehicles has been reduced so GMS again is not a bad deal for the dealer. Value Pricing had no impact that I know on the Solstice so my comment applies to other GM vehicles.

My dealer has agreed to sell me a GXP at GMS but we have a good business relationship and he has no problem giving up a little profit for someone who has assisted him in his dealership operations.

Then I get to buy my play toy that is completely impractical. Still have to figure how my wife and I are going to take a trip up the coast without shipping her cloths and "essential" to the hotel in advance because there is no way to pack her steamer truck full of things in 3.1 cu. ft. unless we get a hitch installed and purchase a small trailer.

·
Registered
139 Posts
In Canada I just read a Home Office Letter stating that neither the Solstice not the Corvette were to be sold at GMS. Also the max for GM card is $1000.00. Again, this is in Canada not the U.S.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts