Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GM please finish shipping those first 1000 cars so the rest of us could finally start getting our cars. In case your lurking around the forum.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
better idea

...or just ship 'em right on the same trains/trucks. It makes more business sense that way, right?

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
If you check the August production figures and add them to the July ones, the first 1,000 are done. I'd doubt the plant stopped once they completed them. I'll bet a lot of the 1,000+ cars are rolling out of the plant as we speak!! I'm assuming the only first 1K cars still there ARE there to finish the rework. You "lucky" 1,001 and over owners shouldn't have the same shipping fiasco delays the first 1K people experienced..

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
package said:
You "lucky" 1,001 and over owners shouldn't have the same shipping fiasco delays the first 1K people experienced..
True, I would hate to have known my car was done but waiting on quality issues. Yuck.

But, on the filp side, us post 1000 folks are waiting even longer than the first 1000 folks that have been doing most of the whining.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Bonzo said:
True, I would hate to have known my car was done but waiting on quality issues. Yuck.

But, on the filp side, us post 1000 folks are waiting even longer than the first 1000 folks that have been doing most of the whining.

I know it has been a long wait, but could we please quit referring to the ALL the people who have waited months, even years for this car, as WHINERS? I don't think they are whining a bit, and your opinion isn't helping them, or you, in your wait. I have read you posts for a while, and you never have anything good to say. Try and be a little more optimistic, please..... For the sake of your own sanity, and the sanity of others who are, in my opinion, patiently waiting.

·
Registered
504 Posts
:cryin: Hey Bonzo quit your whining about us whiners :cryin: :jester: :lol: :glol: :glol: :cool:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just hope all the cars start shipping in a timely manner! It would be nice to see reg. allocation going out with the remaining cars, first 1000,fm and zz. I'm sure we all would like to spend less time in the forum and more time in our cars. I for one won't be able to drive it because of sugery but my husband can chauffeur me around with a smile on my face.

:)

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
SATCH said:
:cryin: Hey Bonzo quit your whining about us whiners :cryin: :jester: :lol: :glol: :glol: :cool:
I don't whine, I bitch. :lol:

·
Registered
511 Posts
cadillacricket said:
I know it has been a long wait, but could we please quit referring to the ALL the people who have waited months, even years for this car, as WHINERS? I don't think they are whining a bit, and your opinion isn't helping them, or you, in your wait. I have read you posts for a while, and you never have anything good to say. Try and be a little more optimistic, please..... For the sake of your own sanity, and the sanity of others who are, in my opinion, patiently waiting.
Did you get my E-Mail yesterday
ANDREW JACKSON

·
Registered
350 Posts
I believe that linedog said that only something like 50 were still on the lot, so that means they have pretty much been shipped. Those 50 are probably just waiting for some other cars to be going in the same direction.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
cadillacricket said:
Until the one above, I don't recall single post of mine EVER complaining about the wait, or even refering to it (Maybe I have, I don't remember, and it's not worth searching to me). And the one above was not a complaint, just an observation. There have been many flame wars regarding this topic, of which I have stayed out of (for the most part I think), and they were much more severe than my harmless comment here. So I think your reply directly to me on this topic is a little strange.

My wife has been waiting since 2002, I since this April, and we have had nothing but patience. We will be pleasently surprised to receive our car before Christmas. Not a negative timeline, a realistic one which we are fine with.

Just because you like to wear rose colored glasses 99% of the time doesn't make me negative. I have been extremely positive about this car. You just don't seem to like me telling the truth about things, especially regarding dealers. I obviously stepped on your toes. Sorry, for that. But I'm a realist, my glasses are clear, and I am just as sain as you.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
you strike me as a very intense person

you ragged on me for "stealing" your front plate idea.(like we were going to patent it or something). Among the many many posts ....I missed your idea..but you felt the need to come back at me.

Whining or not I agee with SD....take it down a notch !!!

Patience is a virtue. I first went to my dealer in Feb 2004 and
I want my car too.......but you diatribes don't help the situation

This old man will wait his turn patiently

·
Registered
462 Posts
I'm a whiner! Here it goes:

I just got an e-mail from my dealer.
He said he called the Business Center and was told my car will arrive on Sept 20th!
Well, I'm not a happy camper. Actually I'm getting pissed!

I don't care if you call it whining, bitching, ranting, or whatever.
I'm still pissed!

When we called HQ on Friday we were told our car had passed all quality inspections and it was just waiting on a carrier. Well, this is the same thing we were told 10 days earlier. We told her this -- and she said it could be "up to five more days".
So, we were really planning on the car arriving this week and we actually planned a trip for this Sunday.
Now I'm hearing Sept 20th? I'm sorry but this really pisses me off.
Our car has been built since August 17th.
There have been many cars delivered that were built after mine.
And... there were 5 delivered 20 miles from me last week. :willy:

I can't take it any more! I'm quickly losing my patience!

Got to get away from this forum for a while :willy: :willy:

·
Registered
363 Posts
:agree:

·
Registered
462 Posts
After reading my own post (rant) there....
Man I really am I whiner aren't I? :lol:

:rant:
Sorry, But I just had to rant.
I'm trying my best to be optimistic about this whole thing. But after waiting so long and then thinking that this was the week (actually I was thinking today would be the day) only to find out I may have to wait another week -- well, It's killin' me!

Maybe my dealers info is wrong and the car will arrive today or tomorrow! ;)

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
druid-2 said:
you ragged on me for "stealing" your front plate idea.(like we were going to patent it or something). Among the many many posts ....I missed your idea..but you felt the need to come back at me.

Whining or not I agee with SD....take it down a notch !!!

Patience is a virtue. I first went to my dealer in Feb 2004 and
I want my car too.......but you diatribes don't help the situation

This old man will wait his turn patiently
First of all, I did not rag on you for "stealing" your idea. Go back and read the whole post (including my reply to you after the first). I merely said that I had mentioned it before. Sorry you weren't the first little boy. I believe you are being just a LITTLE over sensative here. Get over it. :cool:

Second, it wasn't SD telling me to take it down a notch, it was CC. SD does not get involved in such rubbish, only the things that matter to him. The fact that you said it was SD now just backs up that many of you are simply pissed at me for knocking SD's post yesterday. Once again, for the seveteenth time, I disagreed with his post and I said it. That's my right on this forum that last I heard. Again, get over it. :cool: :cool:

Third, what the hell? I make one simple small post about waiting (as I said before if you would read) and I get slammed by all the goodie goodies for being overly negative? Yet again, get over it. :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
233 Posts
mcbman said:
I'm a whiner! Here it goes:

I just got an e-mail from my dealer.
He said he called the Business Center and was told my car will arrive on Sept 20th!
Well, I'm not a happy camper. Actually I'm getting pissed!

I don't care if you call it whining, bitching, ranting, or whatever.
I'm still pissed!

When we called HQ on Friday we were told our car had passed all quality inspections and it was just waiting on a carrier. Well, this is the same thing we were told 10 days earlier. We told her this -- and she said it could be "up to five more days".
So, we were really planning on the car arriving this week and we actually planned a trip for this Sunday.
Now I'm hearing Sept 20th? I'm sorry but this really pisses me off.
Our car has been built since August 17th.
There have been many cars delivered that were built after mine.
And... there were 5 delivered 20 miles from me last week. :willy:

I can't take it any more! I'm quickly losing my patience!

Got to get away from this forum for a while :willy: :willy:
I'm right there with you. :agree: My car was built even earlier.. :(

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
mcbman said:
After reading my own post (rant) there....
Man I really am I whiner aren't I? :lol:

:rant:
Sorry, But I just had to rant.
I'm trying my best to be optimistic about this whole thing. But after waiting so long and then thinking that this was the week (actually I was thinking today would be the day) only to find out I may have to wait another week -- well, It's killin' me!

Maybe my dealers info is wrong and the car will arrive today or tomorrow! ;)
I agree that the waiting is driving everyone batty. :willy:

My advice to everyone waiting, including myself (why has my order not been scheduled for production yet!?!?) is to make no plans and set no expectations. So when the car does get delivered, it will be a fun surprise, and maybe an opportunity for some "sick" days off of work. :lol:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts