Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car's rear O2 sensor has been replaced 2X in past 6 months. Car is throwing code PO13A. Two GM dealers unable to solve problem. Performance Auto (put in after-market exhaust although problem started 18 months after exhaust installation) has not seen this code before in a GXP. Back-pressure test probably will not show much because of the turbo.

Super mechanic son says its as if the gas is rushing past the sensor faster than the computer can read and respond. He searched the GM site and found that GM never figured out the root cause of that code and gave up.

Has anybody out there have the PO13A come up on their GXP? If so, what did you do?

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I assume you still have factory downpipe cat with factory O2 sensor? If not, placing the O2 sensor in a new bunghole a little farther down can help. Also, Trifecta tune can ignore the code not setting off engine light and does not use signals from this sensor. I am sure others can do this as well if it really bothers you. At some point, you would expect the dealer to figure it out if stock sensor and downpipe.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I assume you still have factory downpipe cat with factory O2 sensor? If not, placing the O2 sensor in a new bunghole a little farther down can help. Also, Trifecta tune can ignore the code not setting off engine light and does not use signals from this sensor. I am sure others can do this as well if it really bothers you. At some point, you would expect the dealer to figure it out if stock sensor and downpipe.
We are going to give this a try. I'll let you know how it works. Thanks alot and keep cool. It hit 100 degrees here today.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We tried this several weeks ago and have driven all over northern Illinois since. THE ENGINE LIGHT HAS NOT GONE ON!!! It looks like this solution works. Thanks so very much. Hoping it will stay that way to Mt Rushmore and back. :dthumbs:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Car's rear O2 sensor has been replaced 2X in past 6 months. Car is throwing code PO13A. Two GM dealers unable to solve problem. Performance Auto (put in after-market exhaust although problem started 18 months after exhaust installation) has not seen this code before in a GXP. Back-pressure test probably will not show much because of the turbo.

Super mechanic son says its as if the gas is rushing past the sensor faster than the computer can read and respond. He searched the GM site and found that GM never figured out the root cause of that code and gave up.

Has anybody out there have the PO13A come up on their GXP? If so, what did you do?
In mid June, 200 miles after having my Solo Performace RCDs installed I got this error. It went away by itself after a few days, then a couple of weeks ago it showed up again and stayed for about 10 days. Took it to the dealer, they declined to change the sensor as it is working, it just reports a delay or something. They blamed it on the aftermarket exhaust, cleared it and I've now driven it 600 miles without it returning.

Keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't come back...

Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts