1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Chris said:
The one positive being that the impact of the June/July Employee Pricing surge will not be reflected until the next quarterly results. Keep your fingers crossed.
I thought June was part of Q2?
Q1 = Jan, Feb, Mar
Q2 = Apr, May, Jun

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
brentil said:
I thought June was part of Q2?
You have to read the link above.

June Surge

A plan that gave employee discounts to all buyers handed GM a 47 percent boost in June U.S. sales and kept Toyota Motor Corp., the world's second-largest automaker, from gaining U.S. market share for the first time since January 2003. GM books revenue and profit when vehicles are produced, so any gains from the June sale will come in future products when dealers replace vehicles they sold.

``All June did was sell down inventory levels, and it did it at low margins,'' Kevin Tynan, an analyst with New York-based Argus Research, said in an interview.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
LBJay said:
You have to read the link above.
Ahhhh, ok. That makes sense. DIdn't read the article very closely since I've been fairly busy.

·
Registered
621 Posts
It's not great, but atleast it's better than the previous quarter. Scary thing is they made money every where, but NA. Even worse, Pontiac was the only division to loss sales during employee pricing.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Drex said:
It's not great, but atleast it's better than the previous quarter. Scary thing is they made money every where, but NA. Even worse, Pontiac was the only division to loss sales during employee pricing.
I bet if the TransAm/Firebird were still here that wouldn't be case.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Adrenaline said:
I bet if the TransAm/Firebird were still here that wouldn't be case.
the transam/firebird were not selling, that is why they were cancelled.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts