Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There must be someone out there from G.M.
No information S--ks ,Keep us updated on production. When can we get this
Car . I have been waiting 2 Years to order. Now we dont no when delivery is. Thay say SEPT _OCT.Let us no.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Noy sure on release date(my wife has ordered one), but I live in the Detroit metro area and have seen three Solstices in the last four days

·
Registered
120 Posts
bigjon

probably that shipment seen leaving the plant a couple weeks ago for real world testing. I believe that they are being driven by GM exec's and engineers. Next time you see one follow him and ask the obvious question. WHEN?

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
I just sent an email to GM to express dissapointment with comunication and received a call with in a half hour from Miko.

She said general production did start May 16th and cars should be arriving at dealers with in 6 to 8 weeks. She said to keep intouch with your dealer for status of your car.

She also said that the first 1000 program cars have not started in the biuld yet. You guys must be getting something special which is holding them up.

Mine will be in general production. First car allocated ordered 4-19-05.

I'm going to stop by my dealer tomorrow to see if I can find out any more.

·
Registered
101 Posts
solsticeman said:
Take a look at my posting on the "new baby birth" analogy.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38434&postcount=101

I suspect we will know just as soon as GM, Wilmington Assembly, and Pontiac know.
....and you have had way more than just this information regarding the whole process, that with a bit of searching and reading... but wait... to easy to complain... keep up your posts... most informative of all.

BTW the one area I would like to see consilidated at some point in the future would be car care tips like several I have seen eg: Zaino (I plant to keep the car as a collectors car) and another for acessories only eg: luggage racks and the numerous items that will come out in the future. So far there have been a few interesting possibilities. Slow now but I am sure many more to come.
Thanks

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
kenf said:
I just sent an email to GM to express dissapointment with comunication and received a call with in a half hour from Miko.

She said general production did start May 16th and cars should be arriving at dealers with in 6 to 8 weeks. She said to keep intouch with your dealer for status of your car.

She also said that the first 1000 program cars have not started in the biuld yet. You guys must be getting something special which is holding them up.

Mine will be in general production. First car allocated ordered 4-19-05.

I'm going to stop by my dealer tomorrow to see if I can find out any more.
On numerous occasions, the May 16th date has been given out by GM customer service, but there has been absolutely no confirmation of this to verify it has actually happened. Since we have enough people at and around the plant, I suspect we will know when they start pumping out mass quantities of Solstices.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I still don't understand how general production can start but not the first 1000? They cannot be first 1000 if they are built after the other cars.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Want to talk to GM? Maybe these are the People....

Duplicate of my post on the Early order Site... JF.

Mary Henige, APR 313-667-4103
Director of Communications

[email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jim Hopson 313-667-4124
Media Relations Manager
Product responsibilities - Solstice, GTO, Bonneville, Grand Prix, Torrent

[email protected]

I'd say if you want to place the responsibility where it belongs, try emailing or phoning these people and letting them know your feelings. They are the ones GM has put in charge of telling us stuff.. Let's get them to do their jobs.

I got the links from media.gm.com

·
Registered
162 Posts
Gopher said:
What I can tell you is that GM Wilmington is producing Sols that represent "saleable" level. I am not 100% certain, but close, that they represent captured fleet vehicles that may be released (big emphasis on MAY) to the public, possibly with some alterations, at a much later date.

Don't confuse "saleable" with a "go to commerce" authorization, which will likely come down from the vehicle line executives. They will only release this vehicle to the dealers at the point in time where it has reached a level of fit, finish and function/performance that is 100% repeatable and very near perfect.

We could probably expect vehicle production to be around 100 per week in June, maybe a little higher, with a huge emphasis on measuring the repeatability. These cars will not leave the factory with any questions on quality levels. They will be representative of what you'd desire in your collector's edition vehicles. With that said, from some of what I've seen and heard, I would expect a GTC authorization in mid-June, but I doubt they would officially confirm that if they would need a little more time to tweak it in. I think we could expect that our friends in Delaware would put the pedal to the metal in July, churning out full line rate and hopefully running extended line times and weekends.
You used the words "GTC authorization", what do they mean?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts