Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Every vehicle except the Corvette of course. Solstice is a 2006 model of course too.
GM will announce Wednesday that it will offer all buyers the same discount that employees get, giving consumers nationwide thousands of dollars off the price of every 2005 car or truck except the Chevrolet Corvette, a person familiar with the plan said Friday. The employee discount varies by model.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Audio Imagez said:
Beat me to it. Was coming back to post that rihgt now. :D

I've been playing with the tool all morning (if you click the flash thingy on the front page it brings it up). Looking for a new car for my wife. Since I'm getting the small impraticle car she wants the bigger utilitarian vehicle. It's really amasing to see the markup on some of these. Like the Buick Rendezvouse Ultra, you save $9k on it with this program. However other cars with less markup save less. The Chevy Cobalt SS saves only $2k.

·
Registered
185 Posts
GM to offer employee discount to all buyers for 1 month

Not sure how this could apply to the Solstice, but maybe something worth checking into if you could get the Solstice at a discount!!!.

DETROIT - In an attempt to boost sluggish sales, General Motors Corp. said Wednesday it will offer the same discount it gives to its employees to anyone who buys a new GM car or truck in the next month.

The program includes all GM vehicles except the Chevrolet Corvette and GMC medium duty trucks, the world's largest automaker said. The offer runs June 1 to July 5.

"We want to bring the focus back to what drives our business: great cars and trucks," said Brent Dewar, GM North America's vice president of marketing and advertising. "This program gives everybody a chance to drive the vehicles we drive and pay the price we pay."

GM said the new price will be prominently displayed on vehicles at dealerships. Consumers can get additional incentives on top of the lower prices, said Paul Ballew, GM's executive director of global market and industry analysis.

Ballew said in some cases, consumers could get up to $7,000 or $8,000 off the standard retail price of the vehicle.

"Our challenge in the marketplace is breaking through with consumers," Ballew said. "It's vital for GM to break through the clutter. Our products are better than they are perceived."

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Solstice is not included (nor is Corvette).

·
5,641 Posts
Program is only on 2005 models for the month of June (which you may be surprised to find out ends July 5th ;) ).

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yep you're right -- I just read on GM's website that you "delivery of a new 2005 GM car or truck from June 1 through July 5, 2005", so that definitely excludes the Solstice from what we've been hearing...

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Merging with the existing thread on this topic that's been up for several days.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Dealers around here are selling some of these cars for less than the price shown on buypower anyway. I know rebates can be applied on top of the employee pricing, but it still doesn't look like that much of a deal, unless you're the type that always pays sticker anyway.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Umm I dont know where in the heck your finding deals close to GMS Pricing. Lowest I typically hear of is about 200+ invoice and thats on not so popular cars.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
The GM employee pricing is a pretty good deal. They go under invoice for them, plus they can get rebates off of them as well. Its also pretty pain free, since it is essentially a no haggle price. Just go in, they give you the GMS price minus rebates, and sign.

That in itself may be a big plus on this deal. If people like the buying experience of not having to haggle to get the deal, it could prove pretty popular!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Sounds like a decent deal. If I was in market for a daily driver I'd give this a look.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Has anyone seen the commercial for the GM employee discount where they show a red Saturn Sky in several shots.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I read somewhere on GmInsider that since the release of this promotion GM's market share has gone up 7% to 30.3%!!!! If I find the link i'll post it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts