Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Official GM Canada News
http://email.gmcanada.com/corpdb/ca...27874979e4b5e4af85256fc5006bb287?OpenDocument

GM Canada Announces 2006 Pontiac Solstice Pricing

Oshawa, Ontario (Tuesday, March 15, 2005) – The all-new 2006 Pontiac Solstice two-seat roadster will arrive at dealerships this summer with a base manufacturers suggested retail price of $25,695, excluding applicable taxes and freight charges.

The curvaceous design of the Solstice is matched with impressive performance and a host of standard features, including a 2.4L Ecotec engine, 5-speed manual transmission, 18-inch wheels, 4-wheel disc brakes and much more.

“This thrilling addition to the Pontiac lineup, delivers performance in a fun, agile, affordable roadster,” said Donna Martin, Marketing Manager for Small and Sporty Cars. “With this compact and affordable sports car, the Solstice adds new dimension to Pontiac’s portfolio and makes a strong statement about its renaissance.”

With its clean lines and clever details like race-inspired sport bucket seats, motorcycle enthused gauges, AM/FM stereo with CD Player and six-speakers, and a high-polished single exhaust, the Solstice delivers a exciting, open-air driving freedom in the spirit of the great roadsters of the past. For drivers looking for an exhilarating driving experience, the Solstice is this year’s must have vehicle.

Headquartered in Oshawa Ontario, General Motors of Canada employs 22,000 people nationwide. GM of Canada manufactures a variety of vehicles, engines, transmissions and other components, and markets the full range of General Motors' vehicles and related services through over 785 dealerships and retailers across Canada. Vehicles sold through this network include Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick, GMC, Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn and Saab.

-30-

Natalie Nankil
905-644-3936
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Great news...but will they update their website :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just realised I put this in the wrong forum section too. :brentil:
Can you move my thread to the right place Solsticeman?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yup, after taxes and freight it will cost more than it does in the U.S. ALWAYS! Freakin' taxes in this country will kill you.

Don't expect GM Canada to update their Web site; they are always a little slow when it comes to those type of things...Nobody works past 4 p.m. in this country! :brentil:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
byebmw said:
Yup, after taxes and freight it will cost more than it does in the U.S. ALWAYS! Freakin' taxes in this country will kill you.

Don't expect GM Canada to update their Web site; they are always a little slow when it comes to those type of things...Nobody works past 4 p.m. in this country! :brentil:
We have to pay taxes here as well. For me it's going to be 6%. Plus all the paperwork, tag, title BS.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Bummer price for Canada. That's about 21,300 USD at current exchange and does not include freight. Good thing you make the big bucks. :lol:

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
brentil said:
We have to pay taxes here as well. For me it's going to be 6%. Plus all the paperwork, tag, title BS.
15% HERE AS THE PROVINCE AND THE FEDS GET THEIR HANDS ON YOU :brentil:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Canadian price

brentil said:
Don't feel so bad, we have to pay 15% sales tax and the excahnge rate they
are using in 33.5% when the actual exchange rate to convert US dollars to Canadian dollars is around 23%. I am hoping they have some of the options included as standard equipment. I have seen this done on other vehicles.

·
Registered
180 Posts
freight should be around $1000, so with15% tax in Ontario looking at over 32,000

·
Registered
496 Posts
Canadian price

Funny Michael Grimaldi GM Canada president said the Sky would be under $30,000 C$ and it has ABS,AC,Cruise,Power Windows & Locks and remote key entry. Seems like a similar optioned out Solstice will be getting close to this number. There goes the supposed premium they are saying they want for the Sky. It might turn out to be a better value to wait until next year for the Sky.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
GreatWhiteNorth said:
I am hoping they have some of the options included as standard equipment. I have seen this done on other vehicles.
Just hope you get one of the ones with the top all ready installed! :lol:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Buy it in Alberta!

We only have GST here, no PST, so save yourself the $2000, well $1700 after the flight, but you could also take that sweet new convertible for a drive thru the stunning Rockies. There is nothing like driving top down on the winding mountain roads, with the wind in your hair, and some of the most impressive scenery in Canada! worth consdering.

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
ambient said:
We only have GST here, no PST, so save yourself the $2000, well $1700 after the flight, but you could also take that sweet new convertible for a drive thru the stunning Rockies. There is nothing like driving top down on the winding mountain roads, with the wind in your hair, and some of the most impressive scenery in Canada! worth consdering.
Not a bad way to spend my vacation, was planning a trip to BC. Never drove thru the mountains HMMMM! :cool:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Alberta Solstice

ambient said:
It will cost me twice as much now to fly to Alberta since Jetsgo is out of business and West Jet and Air Canada have jacked up the prices.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Canadian Solstice

My dealer called today to confirm they will be receiving order information to the Solstice from GM Canada on March 28th but they can't place an order until April 4th. He thinks he will be able to get more than one.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Luc said:
The article mentions that the seats are shared with another vehicle. Does anyone know what car they are from?
Just teasing here - The SKy - :lol:

·
Registered
33 Posts
GreatWhiteNorth said:
It will cost me twice as much now to fly to Alberta since Jetsgo is out of business and West Jet and Air Canada have jacked up the prices.

Canjet is a cheap airline in Canada Still, toronto to calgary $149

·
Registered
33 Posts
nighttripper said:
Not a bad way to spend my vacation, was planning a trip to BC. Never drove thru the mountains HMMMM! :cool:
Nightripper if you are interested i could post a list of the local dealers here, im not 100% sure if every dealer will carry the Solstice but i think they would. If you have never driven thru or even just into the mountains out here is it quite spectacular! A few years ago i bought a 1977 fiat in Vancouver and drove it back and it was a fantastic way to enjoy the car for the first time.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts