Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Very impressive numbers. It looks like the everyone gets GMS discount was what GM really needed to move some cars. Almost every model car that hasn't been discontinued posted selling numbers higher then June 2004. Very interesting numbers.

DETROIT – General Motors dealers in the U.S. sold 558,092 new cars and trucks in June, up 41 percent compared to year-ago sales. This was GM’s best sales month since September 1986. The strong results were paced by all-time industry record truck sales (382,601) that were up 68 percent. GM led the industry in full-size pickup deliveries, which were up 102 percent. Car sales (175,491) were up 4 percent, with several new vehicles, including Cadillac STS, Chevrolet Cobalt, Pontiac G6 and Buick LaCrosse, posting record sales results.

http://media.gm.com/servlet/Gateway...ws/viewpressreldetail.do?domain=2&docid=16338

·
5,641 Posts
:( :confused: Take a look at the Pontiac numbers.

:( -17.4%

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Ouch!
:leaving:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Small Dealer said:
:( :confused: Take a look at the Pontiac numbers.

:( -17.4%
That may be understandable with the Bonneville, Aztek and Sunfire at the end of their lives, the Vibe and Grand Prix in the middle of their lives, and the G6 still wiating for it's full model line. Hopefully the full G6 line, with the Solstice, will turn that decline around.

·
5,641 Posts
Ah, Retail Sales

Wait this just in, there is a bright side to Pontiac too. RETAIL sales. :) :) :)

Pontiac

The Pontiac Division had its best sales month since March 2004 with 28,571 retail deliveries. These sales represent a 17% increase over June 2004 and 38% over May 2005.

G6: Total sales of 11,874 units were the best month ever for G6. Retail sales of 7,372 were constrained by availability of 2005 model inventory, but still represented the second best retail month ever.

Grand Prix: Retail sales of 7,514 units was the best month since March 2004. This performance is an increase of 33% versus June 2004 and up 84% versus May 2005.

Vibe: Retail sales of 6,434 units was the best month since March 2003. This sales level is an increase of 30% versus June 2004 and up 41% versus May 2005.

SV6: Total sales of 2,256 units and retail sales of 1,618 units was the best month EVER for this new model. This retail performance is an increase of 57% versus May 2005

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fformula88 said:
That may be understandable with the Bonneville, Aztek and Sunfire at the end of their lives, the Vibe and Grand Prix in the middle of their lives, and the G6 still wiating for it's full model line. Hopefully the full G6 line, with the Solstice, will turn that decline around.
Yeah, without a lower cost i4 G6 in place the new car is missing a major player in it's lineup.

The models they're keeping all showed improvements. Vibe, GTO, G6. The Grand Prix was the only one that was down that is currently a real keeper. Which is kind of amasing since to me the model is really showing its age. Same with Chevy, the old Monte Carlo and Impallas are really showing their age too, they also had low sales. New cars like teh Cobalt had some phenominal numbers, so far mathcing year-to-date sales of the Cavlier from last year even though it costs more. There was an article recently saying too the Cobalt brings in far more profit for GM as does the G6 compared to the cars they replace.

The Corvette numbers don't suprise me since they didn't offer the incentive [or any incentive for that matter] on it at all.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
brentil said:
Yeah, without a lower cost i4 G6 in place the new car is missing a major player in it's lineup.

The models they're keeping all showed improvements. Vibe, GTO, G6. The Grand Prix was the only one that was down that is currently a real keeper. Which is kind of amasing since to me the model is really showing its age. Same with Chevy, the old Monte Carlo and Impallas are really showing their age too, they also had low sales. New cars like teh Cobalt had some phenominal numbers, so far mathcing year-to-date sales of the Cavlier from last year even though it costs more. There was an article recently saying too the Cobalt brings in far more profit for GM as does the G6 compared to the cars they replace.

The Corvette numbers don't suprise me since they didn't offer the incentive [or any incentive for that matter] on it at all.
I wonder if the G6 isn't squeezing Grand Prix sales. Last year was a very good year for the Grand Prix, which is why this year looks so bad for it. The G6 is priced similarly, sized similarly, and based on a newer platform. I'd probably take the G6 over the Grand Prix if I was shopping a Pontiac sedan.

·
Registered
58 Posts
not all good news the reason hummer sales are up is because the now have the H3 the h2 is probably still selling the same and it is just the initial sales buble

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
fieroed88 said:
not all good news the reason hummer sales are up is because the now have the H3 the h2 is probably still selling the same and it is just the initial sales buble
All the exact sales figures are on that link I posted.

HUMMER H2 2,867 (June 2005) 2,111 (June 2004) 30.6 (% Increase)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts